Old electric meter.....

whiskey1

Hello, my electric bills seem to have increased a lot since a well was installed with a submersible pump pumping the water.

I will be changing the postion of the electric meter box on the house shortly and this will mean that the electric meter inside will be thown away.

I was wondering if anyone knew if this electric meter could be installed to the submersible pump to check the power the pump is using?

The Esb may not just throw away the old Kwh meter, however you can buy a new digital Kwh meter(single phase) from an electrical wholesaler.

Ensure that you get a competent electrician to install it for you.

No problem putting old meter on your pump circuit if you can get it of the esb service man

If the pump is running on a socket, I would just use one of [broken link removed]. You can then use it to check other items such as fridges, freezer etc., to track down the hungry beast. I got one of these a few years back and within a week we had bought a new fridge. The old one was costing us a fortune!

No problem putting old meter on your pump circuit if you can get it of the esb service man

Those meters have to be return for checking/decommissioning. YOu can buy KWH meters from the wholesalers

Back