Old death notice in paper

Snork Maiden

Is there a way to find an old death notice/annoucement from mar 2006? I am trying to trace a distant relative who died around this time??

You can search the online editions of the Indo and Times for death notices. I dont know how far back they go.

hi runner,

I've tried that but doesnt go far enough death was in March 2006......and I am not entirely sure what paper it was posted to. There was a mention in the western people about 2 weeks after the death offering sympathy to the family. A google search brought that up but I was hoping that the actual death notice would give me more information so that I can trace the remaining family...........

I was hoping that there is a central place where obits etc are archived???

User may be able to help.

Otherwise the local library should have copies of newspapers going back quite some time.

Yor local library will probably have the newspapers on microfiche going back much farther than you need.

Would the daily newspapers not have copies of all newspapers in computer form in their offices.

Yeah its a great site. What a great idea!

I had tried it but found nothing......beginning to think that perhaps no notice was put in paper????

Alot of people are not puting death notices in the paper any more, they are having them read out on the local radio station. I wonder would they be able to help you.

Hi Shork Maiden , just saw your thread. Unfortunately, we have only been online since July 2006, so it is unlikely we will have your notice. I would love to help though and if you pm me with the date and name I will try to locate it for you. I think your best bet would be contacting the Funeral Director directly.

ps thanks to everyone for plugging the site - we have just gone over the 1 million hits -- in 10 weeks!!

Back