Oil delivered to wrong house - what are our rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn’t what happened.

How can you have a legitimate view when you don’t even understand the chronology of events?
The OP stated on page 2:

This company could have had the courtesy to call to our house on the evening/week it happened. They never tried to contact us. Only this letter. We rang them the day after it happened and they were rude to us so my husband hung up in them.

And again on page 3....

Cannot understand why they did not contact us before this letter and how rude the letter was and the threatening tone in the letter.

Perhaps time for another read.

I have.

Have you?

(see above)
Gordon.

When I post on this forum, I always go to great lengths to try to be as accurate as possible based on the information presented.

I am satisfied that I can stand over everything I’ve posted on this thread. Further, I come from a perspective of trying to be of help to the OP and any readers of the thread. I think questioning the legitimacy of my view because you may disagree with my perspective is unnecessary.

Gordon.

When I post on this forum, I always go to great lengths to try to be as accurate as possible based on the information presented.

I am satisfied that I can stand over everything I’ve posted on this thread. Further, I come from a perspective of trying to be of help to the OP and any readers of the thread. I think questioning the legitimacy of my view because you may disagree with my perspective is unnecessary.
It’s not that I disagree with your perspective.

You are entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts.

We still have people here who think it’s a scam which is just insane.
The OP has subsequently clarified that they have found out for sure that it was intended for neighbours.

Otherwise there were quite a few items in the opening post that would prompt suspicion:

An oil company from a border town filled our tank with €400 (500ltrs) of oil by mistake. We know nothing about this company, and they are a distance away from where we live. We didn’t need oil as our tank was over half full (1200ltr tank).

They want us to pay the full amount with a €30 discount ........We also asked could they verify the amount they were taking back out. Nothing too serious in the lines of conservation, more enquiring. They got very rude and told us to hang up and go and get the oil tested – so my husband hung up!........Today they sent us a ‘sale of goods act’ letter mentioning unsolicited misdelivery saying they could access the property to take it back. This was sent by registered post.
Maybe the OP was a bit muddled on the chronology and/or sensationalised a bit. But on the basis of the opening post I think it was fair to at least raise the possibility of a scam.

The OP seems quite satisfied that it isn't a scam and that should be good enough for all of us by now.

Can you point to the post where the OP stated the company made contact with the OP prior to the letter?

This thread is getting beyond pointless. Even the OP seems happy to come up with a solution. The rest of us seem to be so bored that we have resorted to this.

Anyway, Company delivers oil by mistake and the OP receives a docket in another name

We got a docket with someone else’s name on it, the person who the oil was meant for but nothing in our name.

The OP rang the oil company
We rang after the event and said we weren’t happy with how this happened

The company then sent a letter
Today they sent us a ‘sale of goods act’ letter mentioning unsolicited misdelivery saying they could access the property to take it back.

The OP was in contact with the oil company by phone. They hung up because the company was rude. The company then sent a letter.

And none of the above matters in the slightest........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back