Oi, Bluedog! Please leave my bin the way you find it

Setanta12

I am a bit a*al when it comes to my bins, recycling meticulously and I must have the most spotless bins on the avenue.

As part of good neighbourliness, I use an elasticated cord with hooks to ensure that my bin-lids remain closed, that a gust of wind or local rapscallion doesn't accidentally scatter the contents across the breadth of Leinster. So far, so good .. ..

.. except, on at least 3 or 4 occasions, bin-men either confiscate these cords or throw them in as part of the rubbish, the rubbish being black-bin, green-bin and even brown-bin rubbish!

Let it be said loud and clear Bluedog - the good denizens of AAM are now onto you and will be keeping a watchful eye on you.

I will report anon. (Bin-day is tomorrow!)

Well done you but I think you are right they get binned, you do know that they are really not necessary....but no point in me saying but by any chance do you recognise anyone from the following list....even a tad..? I know that I'm in there....just a tad but I am.......;-)

Most people with obsessive-compulsive disorder fall into one of the following categories:
  • Washers are afraid of contamination. They usually have cleaning or hand-washing compulsions.
  • Checkers repeatedly check things (oven turned off, door locked, etc.) that they associate with harm or danger.
  • Doubters and sinners are afraid that if everything isn’t perfect or done just right something terrible will happen, or they will be punished.
  • Counters and arrangers are obsessed with order and symmetry. They may have superstitions about certain numbers, colors, or arrangements.
  • Hoarders fear that something bad will happen if they throw anything away. They compulsively hoard things that they don’t need or use.

Oh those elasticated cords sound like a great idea! Very upsetting to see carefully separated recyclables taking off down the road...

The bin men are not going to entertain having to unhook or untie anything.
If everyone did what you do it would take a very long time to do the bins.
Your behaviour is very OCD.

I see Greyhound are advertising 'gravity locks' that will open when the bin is tilted only... but they cost €45!

You could glue a breeze block to the top of the lid instead!

Pay by weight?

You pay for the difference between the weights recorded when lifting the bin and lowering it. If the brick stays in place, you don't pay.

you do know that they are really not necessary

I wish that were so, for a couple of days after green bin day, I'm left picking up rubbish that has blown out of other people's bins.

Happy to report that Bluedog, obviously feeling the steely gaze of AAM as they went about their business Friday, took the better part of discretion and valour ... :)

One-Nil to AAM.

Reactions: Leo
I can see some not so nice people moving rubbish into other people's bins to try and save money.
This is going on for years already. Ask any taximan that works through the night (and the know everything).

Back