Office Pet Hates

Leo said That approach hasn't been best practice in a long time,

Not really correct as part of risk assessment it is still best practice depending on office size it actually speeds up the fire drill where it can be used because people now expecting a fire drill roll call will respond and make there way to the fire point straight away ,With modern technology it is very easy to have a swipe card and print off people who are supposed to be in the building are recorded at the fire point or as they return to the building in which case they mock search and rescue is not carried out ,[/QUOTE]

Leo said That approach hasn't been best practice in a long time,

Not really correct as part of risk assessment it is still best practice depending on office size it actually speeds up the fire drill where it can be used because people now expecting a fire drill roll call will respond and make there way to the fire point straight away ,With modern technology it is very easy to have a swipe card and print off people who are supposed to be in the building are recorded at the fire point or as they return to the building in which case they mock search and rescue is not carried out

Calling out names really only slows down the process. You need to wait until everyone makes their way to the designated point before starting. When someone doesn't answer, how long is spend figuring out whether they've popped out to the shops, or are off playing golf as in your own example? A warden on each floor as last person out checking meeting rooms / toilets on the way out and confirming such to a fire officer on exit is faster

Swipe entry is relatively easy to do, but unless you have full on turnstiles, tailgating will always be a factor. Very few if any buildings effectively manage swipe controlled exit. In fact, only a very few high-security buildings I've seen monitor and log exits. Even where exits are logged, wardens or fire officers having quick and effective access to that information outside the office poses challenges / costs.

Roll call has been removed from the current HSA guidelines and Risk Assessment docs, it serves no purpose in most modern offices.

People who retire but still talk about how fire drills were done back in the day and how things are not being done properly anymore since their generation went....:)
I just check in hear to see what the are moaning about now in the office when they are not on the internet,:)

You know the one about the guy who comes home from the office to find the wife crying
She said I found out from the neighbors you have being having an affair with no 9 on your Pet hates list in the office
what haven't I done to make you happy,
Its true you've been the best wife a man could hope for,you make me happy in all ways but one,

you don't moan when we make love,
She said OK yeah how about looking after my fantasy first
He said no problem what is it
She said firefighter to the rescue.
I' wish she would hurry up Ive have being stuck up this tree Dressed as a cat for twelve hours now,

Last edited:
The inevitable annual discussions of;

- clocks changing an hour back or forward, or should they leave them? ( I think finally a decision has been made, somewhere?)

- "Christmas starts earlier and earlier" - no, it doesn't.

- People who insist on pointing out unusual weather patterns. The same people will remind everyone without fail, of how we always get nice weather when the Leaving Cert starts and/or kids back to school in September.

- Kids coming home with Trocaire boxes. Its about 40yrs since I did so, this system doesn't work!

- Kids coming home eagerly in senior infants singing "Dilín Ó Deamhas".
A sure signal that by 2nd class they will be questioning the reasoning of learning Irish. By 6th class total apthy and rejection of the language.

People who don't know the difference between a girl and a woman.

Thirsty, You're Dead Man Walking; Mrs Lep will hunt you down, torture you to within an inch of your life and you will receive a death a thousand worthy Draculas couldn't dream up. Mrs Lep meets the girls every few days and none of them is under sixty.

I dont work in an office anymore thank god. Some of the things I remember though, having to feign sociability especially by the boss of the company, he would make a point of sitting at any table in the bcanteen therefore the conversation could be awkward as obviously the only common topic was work or sport. Any topic outside of those would have to be filtered through a politically correct mesh to catch any controversial topics.

I dont work in an office anymore thank god. Some of the things I remember though, having to feign sociability especially by the boss of the company, he would make a point of sitting at any table in the bcanteen therefore the conversation could be awkward as obviously the only common topic was work or sport. Any topic outside of those would have to be filtered through a politically correct mesh to catch any controversial topics.

He/she must have gone round on all the canteen tables this week The conversation must have being about who is using the internet for non company Business judging by how little activity on the Depths / Letting off steam this week,;)

Back