Office Equipment: What brands would people recommend for Copiers and Fax Machines?

O

OPC

What brands would people recommend for the following??

-A copier with A3 capabilities,with a document feeder.
-A fax machine capable of faxing upto 20pages.

Been into a good few places, and everyone says there brand is best,now i know some of the well known brands but theres other brands ive never even heard of. Looking for some advice on it please??

Re: Office Equipment

A copier with A3 capabilities,with a document feeder:

Xerox, Canon, Ricoh, Konica\Minolta and Toshiba are all good; I am sure many others are too.

Service contracts are a waste of money, but almost impossible to avoid in this industry if you buy new.

Fax Machine for up to 20 pages:

most copiers with a sheet feeder will double as a fax machine (and network printer). If you don't want this option, I would recommend a Brother laser fax - cheap and reliable.

Re: Office Equipment

why are service contracts a waste of money, you dont pay for toner which is the most expensive part of running any machine

do you use a prepaid phone for work? no possibly because it would be too expensive to run! ie a normal laser printer or even a inkjet

Re: Office Equipment: What brands would people recommend for Copiers and Fax Machines

I can recommend a Ricoh which tends to be less expensive than HP/Xerox.

Sometimes a service agreement doesn't make financial sense if you're paying on a per page basis for service on a machine that works just fine. You can get toner and refills cheaply enough these days. While it is good to have an experienced service engineer on call, 7/10 times it is something you can fix yourself if you take the time and don't mind getting a bit grubby.

well with a lot of the large brands using a non brand toner voids the warranty so you may be stuck with the choice of getting up to your armpits in toner
oh and a tip if you do get toner on your clothes wash with cold water warm or hot water fuses the toner onto the clothes

Photocopiers used to be relatively complex in terms of the paper path and the engineering of same.

A copier these days consists in reality of a scanner and a laser printer bundled in a single package. The engineering is simpler. Many of the moving parts are in the toner cartridge and are regularly replaced. There is less to go wrong. If you wouldn't pay for a service contract on a laser printer or on a scanner, there is no logical reason to do so on a photocopier.

perhaps you should look at a fax number from someone like blueface, its €49 a year, we replaced our office fax with this, the faxes now come in as emails and we send our faxes as email. much better and cheaper than eircom (we were paying €20 a month for our fax line)

That's all very well snowdrop but what do you do when it breaks down? Your left with no fax, copier, printer, scanner.

Back