Offer not even accepted...

F

Fmoore

hey , Im abit stunned....Im looking at a house we liked. No offers on it , even though its been on the market for 2 weeks. The guide price was 280,000. I rang up the auctioners and placed , well tried to place a bit of 265,000 - and the women told me that she wasnt accepting that as it was too low ! I was under the impression that she had to accept any offer (well - where its not taking the p*ss). She said the lowest offer being accepted was 280,000 ? Am I wrong on this or not ?

They don't have to accept any offer - even the guide price. Its up to the owner of the house. The owner probably told the auctioneer not to contact them with an offer of less than 280,000. Usually the case is with every offer, the auctioneer goes back to the owner of the house and discusses the offer with them and then comes back to the person who put in the offer, with an acceptance or rejection of offer. I don't think a house being on the market for 2 weeks without an offer is unusual. Within 2 weeks, it may not have been advertised fully etc

Back