Offer for a house in Navan Rd, D 7

anuj21k

Hi,

Found a 3 bed Mid-terraced house at: Ashington Rise, Navan Road ,Dublin 7.area 100 sq.mt. Asking price 315K.
Just need your advice on what you think of the area and what price should I go in for.
I am thinking of 80% value to start with, hopefully wont sound funny with it.

Just want your thoughts on this.

I went to school close by. Nice area, good access to schools and decent transport links. Some nice folk living around that area aswell.

Three bed mid terrace houses in that area are being offered for rent at about €1,100 per month. If you capitalised that annual income stream at a gross 7% yield it would result in a figure of about €188,000.

The area is great. The schools are great, you are beside the park and the M50, and close to the railway station.

I just recently bought in the area, but have lived round there before.

When putting in an offer, ask yourself

• how much do you personally think the house is worth
  • how much are you willing to pay
  • how much will you need to spend to get it to your standards
  • and how much can you afford.

I do feel that 315 for a terraced house is too much. Check out http://www.irishpropertywatch.com/

If the terraced houses have the same build quality that the semi-detached houses on Ashington Rise had, be prepared to hear your neighbour's every sound.....I lived in a semi-d there 25 years ago when they were built, and noise from the adjoining house was very intrusive. I'm not talking wild parties, I'm talking about ordinary conversation, radio/TV (which wasn't at excessive levels), we even heard them stirring their tea!

Loved the area though, as others have said, very central, and close to the city.

Back