Obtaining original loan application form from broker who has since gone bust

FTB1975

Hi,

Hopefully someone on here will be able to help with my query. I have applied for Mortgage Interest Supplement about 2 months ago however in assessing the status of my application I have discovered that they were sent the Loan Offer documentation as opposed to the Original Loan Application. I was advised to get back onto my lender to obtain the form.

Problem is according to my lender as I went through a broker they would have all the original documentation.....add to this the fact that my broker has since gone into liquidation and is no longer operating.

Can anyone tell me where my original documentation might be????? And is there any chance that the MIS unit will accept the loan offer documentation without the original application form???

Thanks,
FTB1975

That's strange that the lender doesn't have a copy of the application, a friend of mine had a similar problem and was told the bank didn't have a copy and to go back to the broker etc. long story short is that the bank did have a copy, it was in the archives and a bit time consuming for them to retrieve. I also thought from an audit point of view the bank should at least have a scanned copy of same.
The application will definitely be required as the MIS will need to see the amount of mortgage you signed the application for credit for.
I would suggest going back to the bank, speak to someone senior and ask them to check their archives.
As regards the broker I have no idea what happens to their documentation. Sorry

Bank should have a copy of whatever the broker sent in, most banks scan and archive this stuff so they will have to get a copy of it back from wherever they store this stuff.

Back