Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) -small time

papervalue

I just noticed i do the odd ocd things- On online banking if my current account is an say €92.59 overdrawn i would post €7.41 to my credit card so the account would be an even number overdrawn say €100. I would do this on a weekly basis ie round the number to nearest round number such as 20,40,60 80,100. By this i know exactly what is in the account.

Also do more common one, washing hands a lot, check lights out,etc

Just wondering do other people have ocd habits that are just odd?

Your peccadillo is indeed small my child. Good job you don't have eight or nine zeros in your account - that would make it big time ;). Seriously though, most people have small touches of OCDs over various things. Even people who are very untidy are obsessively compulsed to be amid major clutter.

CHeck the front door locked at night before going upstairs, then half way up, come down and check again even though know it's locked. Same when going out, could be in car & have to get out again to check front door. Might be better to just take the front door with me ;)

Once I get started typing a sentence I can't stop typing it over and over again. Once I get started typing a sentence I can't stop typing it over and over again. Once I get started typing a sentence I can't stop typing it over and over again. Once I get started typing a sentence I can't stop typing it over and over again. Once I get started typing a sentence I can't stop typing it over and over again.

But's it's not too bad....

I lock my car with the zapper then check the handle to make sure it's locked. Invariably, I wonder did I really lock it and go back to check!

The only thing I'm a bit OC about is showering & shaving - I always wash in a very particular way/sequence/direction/amount of times etc etc.

Is the magpie thing not just superstition though? I'm not at all superstitious as it happens e.g. umbrellas up indoors, walking under ladders etc etc - no problem.

Me too. Except for 5 - that's acceptable because it's half of 10.. :eek:

Yep and 25. When in a car with those whom I call friends, they always try to pee me off by turning the volume to an uneven number, so I steer it towards 25 then pretend I'm giving in while they get a good laugh and I relax on the inside. Who needs enemies?

I wave at magpies too, is that weird?

Not at all, though invariably when I see a single magpie, I wave to him and immediately another appears. Still haven't figured how to un-salute them.

I always wash in a very particular way/sequence/direction/amount of times etc etc.

I always wash from the (baldy) head down, but I regard this as logic rather than OCD.

Once I get started typing a sentence I can't stop typing it over and over again. Once I get started typing a sentence I can't stop typing it over and over again. Once I get started typing a sentence I can't stop typing it over and over again. Once I get started typing a sentence I can't stop typing it over and over again. Once I get started typing a sentence I can't stop typing it over and over again.

But's it's not too bad....

Great post, Paddy. Fortunately, I have no such problems. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I always wash from the (baldy) head down, but I regard this as logic rather than OCD.

Ah yes but note I said "very particular..."

Believe me, from my (also baldy) head down is only the tip of the iceberg as regards my whole 'routine' :eek:

Back