Obligations for new PAYE Reporting

mccoypat94

Apologies if this has been covered but I was hoping that somebody could explain the new 'real time reporting'that revenue are introducing from January 2019. I have read the info on the report on the ros website however I am completely bemused. I have a small business with four employees. We do not use payroll software how will we manage this change?. And will we be required to report each and every payday seems like a lot of extra work we only report once a year at present.

Revenue are hosting seminars around the country on this subject. It might be worth your while to attend one of them.

Details are on the Revenue website.

The seminars are to be held in the next month or two, just when the accountants who advise most businesses on payroll compliance are already consumed with overloads of work arising from a host of looming tax deadines, all imposed by Revenue.

Even we accountants have only a sketchy idea of what's happening and have no practical answers to customers questions, eg how you deal with advance payment of a few weeks' holiday pay in one lump, or where a new employee started last week but left off last week's payroll run.

Last edited:
We do not use payroll software how will we manage this change?. And will we be required to report each and every payday seems like a lot of extra work we only report once a year at present.

Some months ago, I tried to find some information about this for a friend whose situation is similar to yours.

All I could find was this.

“For employers who do not use payroll software, Revenue has developed a simple data capture mechanism to allow employers record pay and deductions as payments are made.”

Revenue will provide employers with customised stationery to record and file payroll details.

Not very informative I know.

Looking at the overall scheme it appears that you would have to file every payday.

Looking at the overall scheme it appears that you would have to file every payday.
Thats how the RCT system works and the proposed PAYE scheme seems to mirror that - except that it will affect every employer in every sector, and not just contractors in a few specific sectors.

Back