o2 s new web text not working?

the phone sync option is billable

the best thing to do is sync your phone using bluetooth/cable/IR to your PC into Outlook, the export the Address book to a csv file, edit the file and import the file into your Online O2 address book...for free

Just be aware the Cabbage can use a 3rd party server. Doesn't bother me but some may not want to use it because of that.

True - that is something that concerned me about cabbage... If you use JSMS http://jsmsirl.sf.net instead, they interact directly with the O2 website. Thus, you don't have to worry about any issues with a 3rd party server being compromised.

Plus - JSMS has a spell checker too - I like that - helps a lot with my typlexia!

:)

True - that is something that concerned me about cabbage... If you use JSMS http://jsmsirl.sf.net instead, they interact directly with the O2 website. Thus, you don't have to worry about any issues with a 3rd party server being compromised.

Plus - JSMS has a spell checker too - I like that - helps a lot with my typlexia!

:)
The JSMS tool is great, and the guys offer better support than most commercial providers. The only thing it doesn't give me is the option to pre-schedule texts for delivery.

I prefer cabbage myself, though people (on boards) kinda rubbished anyone asking about the use of a 3rd party server. I didn't like that. What do you use the pre-schedule texts for?

The JSMS tool is great, and the guys offer better support than most commercial providers. The only thing it doesn't give me is the option to pre-schedule texts for delivery.

You could very easily integrate your own scheduler with Quartz or similar - JSMS basically boils down to a few very simple java classes (MessageSender and its sub classes) when you strip out the spell checker & GUI.

What do you use the pre-schedule texts for?
Sending out club/association reminder notices, making people think I'm working when I'm not, sending texts when I know I'm going to be cycling in traffic, etc tec
You could very easily integrate your own scheduler with Quartz or similar - JSMS basically boils down to a few very simple java classes (MessageSender and its sub classes) when you strip out the spell checker & GUI.
You seem to be assuming some basic competency in the underlying technology. I wouldn't know a java class if I fell over one.

I two find O2 webtext a nitemare. I just sent 3 messages & guess what the 3 were not delievered. I could not access the webtext site yesterday due the O2 working on the site until 07:30am this morning....this message appeared.

Sure enough they work on the site at the weekends, the busiest time you would think.

Any more updates on this.

How much is the cabbage website/text to send to another mobile or does it vary

Cabbage does I think.

Sending out club/association reminder notices, making people think I'm working when I'm not, sending texts when I know I'm going to be cycling in traffic, etc tec

Ummm

How much is the cabbage website/text to send to another mobile or does it vary

Its not a website. Its an application you download, that accesses your O2 free texts. its just a million lightyears faster and useful than using the O2 website.

O2 are looking for feedback on their proposed new website - see

It looks like they are proposing to drop the ability to select contacts within the existing window, which is one of the few advantages of the o2 webtext over meteor.

Looks like they have implemented their planned reworking of the webtext facility, nearly a year later.

[broken link removed]

At first glance, it is a decent improvement, and cuts out the very annoying popups from the old version.

Anybody else having trouble using web text to send free text's to a u.s. mobile? I've just noticed my last few text's say Not Delivered -never had trouble before.

The 'sent text' section today is telling me that every text I've ever sent is 'not delivered', even those that I know were actually delivered.

Back