o2 s new web text not working?

landlord

As of this morning Sunday 9th of November o2s should have set up a new web text service, with extra features such as syncing your mobile phone numbers to your o2 web address book. I can access the site, but I cant send any webtexts and every time i try to sync it fails ( I will be very annoyed if I am being charged for each time i try to sync ) !!!!
Is it just me or is anyone else having this problem?

Same here -let's hope they get it sorted soon and it seem's to have lost my list of contacts?

I used the new system successfully earlier this afternoon - sent a couple of webtexts (the increased no of characters is very useful!). However I found it very slow, the contact list didn't appear to be in any order, it failed to send a message the first time, and I find the colour of the print (pale grey) very difficult to see.

Tried to use it again about 15 mins ago, and the page won't load.

I tried the synch too, but the instructions given on the screen didn't work for me, so I didn't complete it - as I'm not interested in paying for it, I didn't proceed!

Another upgrade a la Ryanair, perhaps? ;)

Same here.....sent a couple of texts earlier & then NOTHING!'Seems like they don't want you to use the service....

What a terrible, terrible user interface. The opening of pop-up windows to select names from the address book and to confirm that a text has been sent is a terrible idea. This causes lots of problems for blind/vision impaired users who have screen readers. It also makes the damn thing effectively unusable, as it takes so long to open the address book (over 3 Mbps broadband) that I just lose interest.

The archive of sent texts with delivery status is a good idea. How does the synching work - is there a network charge for this, or can it be done via wifi/bluetooth/cable connection to phone? Why is E51 not listed in the Nokia device list, and will my E51 explode if I choose E50 instead?

Meteor used to have a poor user interface that required you to click into a separate page to see the address book, but they sorted this out a couple of years back. O2 have gone back a number of years in functionality.

Very poor show from 02 yet again -can we have the old one back if your not going to fix this? I have to say compaired to say last year the website is getting worse not better.

O2 website ( webtext ) appears to be out of order most weekends . Also I find that I am automatically logged out after around 5 minutes online . It looks like O2 do not want us to use this free text service .

The webpage seems to be all over the place lately.

the webmail is a bit slow alright.

Have any of you paid O2 online using the 'pay my bill' function? I was about to use it but noticed that there is no security icon on the page. Think i might wait & find an alternate payment method...

I phoned o2 and spoke to someone there who went into my account and managed to send me a message, but I still cant send any messages from my computer at home. Very frustrating !!!

The opening of pop-up windows to select names from the address book and to confirm that a text has been sent is a terrible idea.

I found (by trial and error - the site didn't tell me!) that if you type the first few characters of the person you wish to send a text to in the box, a list is displayed below and you can select the appropriate one. It's a bit like the feature in eircom webmail.

So at least you don't have to open (and sort!) the address book every time you send a text!

Thought it a bit of a swizz though to find that they're advertising the ability to send texts in foreign languages, but if you use non-standard text characters (e.g. ó), it "costs" extra! (presumably because it takes 2 characters to send ó, you get fewer characters per message?)

I found (by trial and error - the site didn't tell me!) that if you type the first few characters of the person you wish to send a text to in the box, a list is displayed below and you can select the appropriate one. It's a bit like the feature in eircom webmail.

So at least you don't have to open (and sort!) the address book every time you send a text!
Thanks for the tip. I tried logging in from work today, but I wasn't getting anywhere. We have a pretty restrictive environment (no ActiveX, tight firewall), but I used to be able to use the old site without any problems, but not the new one. Looks like O2 are working really hard to push me back over to Meteor.

Tried the webtext last 2 mornings & worked fine,albeit being a LOT more cumbersome than before! Tried it again later in the day & it's crashed!! I wonder do they know/care whether it's working or not.Seems to me there's not a lot the humble user can do,except move to Meteor,which isn't an option for me at the mo'.....

I've been using it the last few days and think its much better.

I like the idea of being able to send texts up to 1000 characters now

It took about half an hour to get my address book in order but now its much better.

Plus you don't have to click the button for the pop up window for the address book. Just type inside the box the first few letters of the name and the list of names will apear with those letters in it

I used the new O2 now and it's much better. It will take a lot of gettng used to. But being able to send 1000 character texts is a great advance.

Brendan

Just be aware the Cabbage can use a 3rd party server. Doesn't bother me but some may not want to use it because of that.

How do other phones recieve the 1000 long text? Some phones recieve texts like that in 160 length chumks but in reverse order.

Has anyone tried the phone synch option? Is there a charge for this? Can I connect via bluetooth or cable for this?

Back