nyc

amtc

been to new york a few times but not since 2003, going in nov with relatives. should i butytickets up front for major attractions?

They won't be any cheaper when you get there. Check out the websites for Radio City and Masison Square Garden to get the big events, especailly if you want to go to a concert and/or an ice hockey game.

Tickets for shows can be picked up cheaper over there if you go to the ticket boots there's one in Times Sq (always a big queue) or alternatively the one on Water St is less busy

You can book discounted tickets in advance for a lot of shows on http://www.broadwaybox.com/ and then just pick up the tickets at the theatre prior to the show.

There's a lot of info on this on the Tripadvisor NYC forum. I used another site - the name of which I can't remember now (couldn't get the show I wanted on broadwaybox.com) and it worked out really well as didn't have to waste time queueing when in New York.

If you want to see a specific show on Broadway or off Broadway, then I would book it in advance. If you are just interested in seeing a show on Broadway and you don't really care what you see then I would advise that you wait till you get there. I was there last Nov and tickets for all the popular shows were gone. I didn't really mind what I saw but my mother was disappointed.

Was in New York in August. Wanted to see the musical Jersey Boys (Frankie Valli). Went to the ticket place near Times Square. A bloke there told me I wouldn't get reduced tickets there but suggested that I go to the theatre where it was on (August Wilson on 49th St.) around 5.00 as they sell some standing tickets. Also, they sell cancellations up to about 3/4 hour prior to starting time.
Anyway, I managed to get 2 standing tickets for $54 !! and at the interval the usher brought us to 2 seats near the front for the 2nd half. It is a fantastic show and I wouldn't have minded standing as there is a railing to lean on.

dave

Back