number porting problem

desperatedan

Hi there.

I am at my wit's end here, so just bear with me.

I have been a 3 Ireland Billpay customer for about two years. However, I can no longer justify paying €30-€50p.month for very little actual calls.

So I closed my account with them this month, about a week ago. I had previously given them 30-days notice.

I also paid them to have my existing contract phone unlocked. (€25.00)

I purchased a Tesco Sim pack this week, intending to move my existing number to Tesco Mobile.

However, and I acknowledge that I did not know the porting procedure, it appears that I will not be able to move my old number to the Tesco Network, as the phone has to be active on the 3 Network to complete the process.

Tesco say they will not port the old number unless they can contact the old number.

3 Ireland will not reactivate the old number, even for just an hour or two, as they say it is now ceased.

Apart from going to Comreg with a complaint, has anyone got any suggestions to get out of this "Catch 22" situation.

Thanks for bearing with me.

BTW, the old number was originally a Vodafone number, which was ported to Three when I opened my account with them and I have had it for years.

This has been resolved today. The porting request from Tesco to 3 Ireland has been accepted without the necessity of reactivation.

So, I have my number back :)

Back