NuLife, Aviva, Hibernian

sole

Been putting €47 per month into Managed Funds Series 2 with Hibernian. Policy was called Nulife. Partialy 'with profits' and part in Managed Fund s2. It is now 20 years. After 10 yrs I took out the with prifits €3 682 and again today after 20 yrs I got €3 696 with profits. The remainder is now €9 223. I figure the total due to me for the 20 years is €16 601 of which I have withdrawn €7 400 approx.
I have paid in €11 040.
Now I do not know whether this is good or bad? Should I get out now?
I seem to think it is bad but I don't know how to figure the interest with the different principal each year?
Is there an easy way or is there a comparison table somewhere I could just compare with?

thanks.
fg

What charges apply/applied?
What conditions apply to encashing the fund?

From original policy document (could have been revised)
Allocation year 1 and 2, 50%
year 3 onwards 102.50%
Each month amount not exceeding 1/16% of the total fund.

And "Servicing Fee"
"Each month Units are enchashed at Bid Price to pay the servicing fee. The fee applicable to this policy is £1.50 (pounds) except as amended following a review."

There is a bid and offer price as well.

I am not aware of any further penalties on encashment.

It has a life cover of €8,300

Sounds very complicated! It's hard to ascertain what the ultimate charges are with that charging structure. Also the life assurance element means that this is not just a savings/investment product so comparing the amount contributed to date against the current value plus previous withdrawals doesn't really make sense. You might need independent, professional advice on how to assess this product and what you should do next to be honest.

Back