Nu Haus / HomeXtend - Renovations

Peppermint

Just wondering has anyone any experience or recommendation for either of the companies above?

I was at the 'Love Your Home' expo in Citywest at the weekend and they were both exhibiting. I am considering a reorganisation/slight extension for the back of my house comprising open plan kitchen & dining area.

Both seem to do a 'complete' service from initial consultation, drawings and then building work. I know HomeXtend did a house around the corner from me, I will also ask that neighbour if i get a chance for any feedback on them.

Any responses appreciated!

I’m the very same! Contacted them during the week, they also have a separate architect firm, a sister company. First consultation is in their offices which I find a little strange, surely they should see the property. I haven’t actually made an apt as a result. I would imagine you’d pay for that all in service but might well be worth it from a hassle perspective....

First consultation is in their offices which I find a little strange, surely they should see the property.

Much more efficient model for them. I'm sure many potential clients never follow through, so holding such meetings in the office saves a lot of travel time for them and ensures potential clients that do call in are serious about extending and not just curious tyre kickers. Remember, it is the clients that go with the company effectively pay for all time wasted.

With the level of information now available online, they will have sufficient detail to start to set out the options. If you go in armed with site measurements and photographs, all the better. If your house is typical of those in the area, take a look at Google Maps & the LA planning website to check out other extensions on similar properties. This can give you a very good idea of what is possible and what you like so you can make better use of that first consultation.

Thanks for the replies.

I contacted both, had to send a questionnaire back to NuHaus and they have yet to come back to me on it (only sent early this week). So will probably do an initial consultation and see what we think.

HomeXtend - I called into our neighbour and she showed us what they did which was great as they had a very similar layout to our own house - very nice job albeit a few details that i'd have differently (personal taste/cosmetic only), but overall the work seemed good and the lady was delighted with how they operated, giving her a schedule of when cash was required etc. The guy from there was due to call to us this week but will be next week now for a chat/ball park estimate for what we want.

I've also contacted two other places SpaceExtensions and Platinum Group - both of which are going to call out to us next week for a chat.

Back