NTL

O

okidoki987

Getting NTL for the first time.
I have to pay them for each socket per month but somebody told me I can get NTL to connect (2 sockets) upstairs and downstairs and then get an electrician to wire up the other ones for a one off charge?
Anybody done this and any problems?

To be honest, we have 6 points in our house and after years of doing it the cheap route, you are almost better off going with NTL offically. It costs something like 2 or 3 quid a month. If any of those points give you problems, you call NTL to come and fix them.

If you want to do it for a once off charge, do it yourself. You do not need an electrican. Go into any hardware shop and ask them for the pieces. It will cost you about a tenner and it is really simple to do (I mean anyone can do it).

If you already have more 2 tv sockets it's possible that your electrician wired them similar to how mine were done.
In my case the electrician wired a main input cable from the outside box into the attic and from the attic ran cables to every other room in the house. For NTL connection before their engineer arrived I simply connected the main input to the sitting room line. After this I then used around 6 "1 input 2 output" signal splitters to connect the lines to the other rooms. The signal quality is perfect (at first I used a booster but as well as being unnessecary this also caused signal interference as the booster made the signal too strong!!) and I also use this method to send the signal from my dvd/video/satellite from the sitting room to the other rooms in the house.

Back