Ntl phone and call 13434 anyone?

Yes - but then 13434 route the call onto the ultimate destination themselves so that would be relevant to the sound quality between the endpoints.

My point exactly Clubman.

My situation is that I call analogue lines in the UK etc and have dropout with an Eircom landline and the NTL equivalent version of a landline isn't worked the same way as it goes via cable.

Is there a good chance of more increased problems on the NTL line worked in conjunction with 13434 , especially when calling analogue lines overseas???

My point exactly Clubman.

My situation is that I call analogue lines in the UK etc and have dropout with an Eircom landline and the NTL equivalent version of a landline isn't worked the same way as it goes via cable.

Is there a good chance of more increased problems on the NTL line worked in conjunction with 13434 , especially when calling analogue lines overseas???

It doesn't got the whole way on cable so I'd say it would be exactly the same for dropouts only with worse quality.

Thanks Aircobra, Thats why I needed to find other forum members who are using the set up as I was planning to use to find out do they have any issues with dropout/ loss of quality etc.

The last thing I want to do is find out having signed up for the NTL package, is find that it won't work well with 13434 and I'm stuck with paying out €14/ month and still have to hang onto the landline!

I base my opintion on that I have the NTL phone and the quality is ok most of the time, but can sound like a mobile call at times. I've had no dropouts. But if you had them with your landline, then I would guess its the 13434 service rather then the line causing the fault. I would also say that the quality of the NTL line (or landline) is going to different for everyone as it depends on the physical quality of the line/cable to your house and the local area. Also its depends on how heavily the service is used, the contention in your area.

So what its like for me isn't that useful for you.

Yes - but then 13434 route the call onto the ultimate destination themselves so that would be relevant to the sound quality between the endpoints.

indeed. I'm presuming if the call itself via 6850850 is of normal quality any dropouts would be 13434's fault and not NTL's. So if normal phone calls are working well 6850850 should not be any different - unless the service itself is experiencing problems getting the voice back to the caller.

I'm in the Dublin 3 area so I guess I need some to find someone in my area who can better inform me re how good the telephone NTL service is in my locality. I'll ring NTL in the am and try to find out what the current contention ration is and see what needs to be done to get the best option. Thanks folks for your help thus far.

Back