NTL overcharge - what to do?

errigal

Just got my bill from UPC/NTL for last month - I could see that had overcharged me by almost 100 euro. Rang their cust care and they acknowledged the mistake, but advised me I have to pay it and I will get a credit in my next bill in 2 mths (unless they screw that up as well)..

Had a row with them on the phone about it, but to no avail. I have no choice except to pay it, despite it being 100% their mistake which they accept. I asked if it was 1000 euro would I still have to pay it, and she said yes.

What would you do? (apart from signing up to Sky)

Alan

I'd leave the bill short. Just pay what they said is the "true" figure. If they screw up the credit, call again and read them the riot act.

Don't bother ringing them again, its a complete waste of time. Write to their head of complaints, PM me if you want the address. Give them 10 working days to respond, and be quite forceful in what you say, tell them you will be charging interest on the loan of €100 at a ridiculous rate plus a charge for your time involved. I've done it in the past and it works.

Back