NTL DVR Query

FredBloggs

I have a DVR from NTL. It doesn't have a series record function like Sky + but it has a facility whereby you can record a certain channel for a set time every week - eg Sky 1-10pm each Sunday. I set this up to record Lost when it was on but cannot now turn it off and have to manually delete the weekly recording. Is there a way I can turn it off. Their instructions don't throw any light on this

If you go to 'My Memos' (I think it's called that), from within the DVR menu, you should see the channel and start/end time listed there and can delete from there.

Just checked - that should be 'My TV Planner' rather than 'My Memos'.

Thanks - I checked it out this evening and as far as I can see it worked. I had gone into My TV Planner and deleted the programme before but having got your post I looked at it a bit closer. There are three options when you choose delete - Back - to cancel delete, OK - to cancel that one episode and, as I discovered tonight Stop to cancel all occurences of the memo. Given that there is no button marked stop on their remote control it took me a bit of time to find the one they meant but I got there!

I had been choosing OK in the past rather than Stop so each week I thought I'd deleted the programme only for it to pop back the following week. Never noticed the Stop option before

Thanks again rmelly

Just noticed on My TV Planner that its back....now I'm really puzzled. There has to be a way of stopping repeat programmes. Any help appreciated....

Just noticed on My TV Planner that its back....now I'm really puzzled. There has to be a way of stopping repeat programmes. Any help appreciated....

Happens to me also, a weekly repeat recording I set months ago and no longer want keeps reappearing every week no matter how many times I delete it. I can see no way to remove it, there doesn't seem to be anywhere to check what repeat recording are set or edit then in any way. Suppose you could reset to factory settings but you'd lose set favourites etc, don't think recorded programmes will be erased though, but I think you need to enter a code AFTER the reset which is dependant on the area you live, so best to ring NTL/UPC first.

coincidentally, I just noticed last night that one I deleted 3 weeks ago is also back - it DEFINITELY didn't record last week or the week befor, but did this week. I deleted again, this is the third time - I assumed the first time that I forgot to confirm but there's definitely something wrong.

I also have a problem that I have set it up to record a programme on Sky Two once a week, but when I tried (a few different times) to view the programme it tells me I'm no longer subscribed to the channel so I can't watch it, even though I have Digital Max and can see the channel fine if I go to it from the menu. I haven't tried to see what happens if I manually record and then attempt to watch that.

Anyone experienced this problem?

Well at least I'm not the only one...I thought I was either going mad or missing something obvious. I'll contact NTL and see what they say but I don't hold out any great hopes there.....

Back