ntl digital tv

P

podgeandrodge

This sort of rubbish is annoying especially when youre in a bad mood.

From NTL's website: "With ntl's multi-room viewing option, we realise that one programme does not suit everyone. If you have more than one tv in the house, then multi room viewing from ntl allows you to watch digital tv in one room and any of your normal 17 channels from the Basic TV pack in another"

Wow! So what they mean is that you could always watch different programmes in different rooms with analogue tv, but you can't with digital tv. So multi room viewing is not a "service" but a simple fact.

speaking of which, if we ever move to digital tv only and analogue goes, are people suddenly going to realise that watching the drama on UTV while recording Prime Time on RTE is not an option? Or will we have dual/multi digital signals by then?

recording digi..

>are people suddenly going to realise that watching the drama on UTV while recording Prime Time on RTE is not an option?

Are you sure thats right? I have ntl digital and can do this.
I can set the video to record digital channels from the decoder but I can then use the AV to change the function back to the tv and then watch any of the 13-14 terrestial channels.
I suspect youre talking about losing the terrestial channels altogether though.

analogue

>if we ever move to digital tv only and analogue goes

Yep, it's fine now, but when the terrestrial channels go we will be left with the one digital signal coming in leading to the problem I was referring to. With SKY at the moment for instance, if you want to watch two digital channels, say one in each room, or watch one and record another, you need another box/subscription. So we effectively are already being asked to pay twice purely due to the restrictions on digital signals!

Back