ntl broadband

C

coolaboola

Apologies if this query has already been addressed.

The following comes from www.ntl.ie regarding prices of their broadband services:

"Prices quoted apply to new ntl customers only.
*Customers who signed up to ntl broadband service prior to 01/07/04 will be charged at following rates: ntl Broadband Starter e30, ntl Broadband e40.
ntl's broadband half price and bundled Broadband Digital special offer ended 31/08/04. Customers who availed of the half price offer on ntl Broadband Starter or ntl Broadband will be charged at €30 and €40 after the offer period."

The prices in question are ntl Broadband Starter e25, ntl Broadband e35 respectively

Now, yours truly signed up for the aforementioned offer in Feb 04 and has enjoyed half-price broadband (YAY!) until August this year when the price reverted to €30 a month as described above. The contract was for one year, terminating in Jan 05.

It seems we're being discrimnated against for being early subscribers here as we'll have to continue to pay €30 if we wish to continue the contract. Particularly annoying as we also paid a €65 installation fee (now free). Does anyone know why this is? And if, when the contract terminates, we chose to sign a new one with ntl, why should the exsitence of a previous contract influence the terms of a new one? Especially as we were not made aware of this penalty at the time of signing up.

I know, I know! Yous takes your chances, etc. Esp w/ntl! But would be interested to have more light shed on the issue.

c

Nice if you can get it.

I rang NTL to inquire about their Broadband offerings, but was told (a) they don't have it in my area (even though I'm an existing NTL Digital [TV] customer
and (b) they have no timetable as to when they might have it! :eek

Same here - I keep asking and they keep fobbing me off. They claim that they will have "most" of Dublin covered by Winter Solstice 2004 but I have no idea if that is still on track.

The revolution will not be telecomised

Not to worry folks...the revolution is not far away. I'm sooo looking forward to helping eircom go out of business
[broken link removed]

Back