NPPR... late fees

dino

Okay, It appears that I have been hiding under a rock... I have just started reading up on the NPPR and it looks like I'm after making a serious booboo.
I bought house A about 8 years ago. Then I bought another house (house B) in 2006 as I was working down the country. House A was rented out and I lived in House B until last November. All was done above board.
Then I moved back to the House A last year and renovated it and I rented out House B. Now it looks like I should have paid the NPPR on House A for 2009 and 2010 and House B for 2011.
But I haven't paid anything. So now it looks like I'm faced with a big bill.
Am I correct in saying that I will have to pay €660 for 2009 and €500 for 2010 for House A. And €260 for House B in 2011?

You figures look about right to me. Pay ASAP at least the charges of €200 per year per NPPR (that is, €600 in total), to stop incurring the fines, if you don't have the money to pay the total sum.

This will stop the ball rolling, and you can then pay the fines later.

I agree with Greta, try and pay just the fees to stop the fine, and then do a payment plan to repay the arrears. And please let us know how you get on with that (your dealings with the NPPR/Local authority).

Back