Now Might Be A Good Time to Lock at 3.06%

Yes -studied Brendan's key post, looked at latest rates and can't see any point in keeping money on deposit (assuming one is liable to DIRT/PRSI) rather than pay off tracker.

Good idea to double -check bank allows one to take "a payment holiday" if one has paid lump sum ahead, but later finds need for some urgent cash.

Still no sign of the new PTSB rates that multiple people said would come into force as at yesterday.

The 3.00% Online Fixed Term rate is still available online today.

Probably just a case of timing. Maybe, PTSB are now waiting until Tuesday to adjust their rates.

Bizarre.

After PTSB letting the world know that they were going to reduce rates last Thursday/Friday ... nothing happened. Again today, the rates are the same on the PTSB website.

I wonder did PTSB have a change in heart or will we see the rate change in the coming days.

Bizarre.

After PTSB letting the world know that they were going to reduce rates last Thursday/Friday ... nothing happened. Again today, the rates are the same on the PTSB website.

I wonder did PTSB have a change in heart or will we see the rate change in the coming days.

Saying one thing and doing another - that fits nicely with their current "Back to basics" advertising campaign then :rolleyes:

Permanent TSB

The deposit interest rate of 3.06% offered by Permantent TSB ends tomorrow. I understand the new rate will be 2.65%

Back