November 3, 2020: Consolidated General Election.

My understanding re; Georgia is that a lot of the votes to be counted are in Atlanta, which is heavily Democrat?
It looks like the same story in Michigan where Wayne County and Oakland County (Detroit) haven't declared. They are heavily Democrat and have large populations.

is great for drilling down into the numbers in each State.
Fox News and Fox Opinion are two very different things.

Its great to listen to all the different perspectives, insightful and persuasive as they are, or not. I never factored the insight of one RTE contributor to the prospect of a Biden win - "It'll be good for Ballina"...c'mon Joe!!!

Its great to listen to all the different perspectives, insightful and persuasive as they are, or not. I never factored the insight of one RTE contributor to the prospect of a Biden win - "It'll be good for Ballina"...c'mon Joe!!!
RTE are their usual provincial selves, interviewing each other for insights.

It looks like the same story in Michigan where Wayne County and Oakland County (Detroit) haven't declared. They are heavily Democrat and have large populations.
Michigan closing considerably. Hard to know who has the more accurate data tho as on RTE it is showing
Trump 2,341,499 (51.3%) and Biden 2,144,162 (47.0%)
but on the Fox News site Purple provided it shows
Trump 2,336,324 (49.9%) and Biden 2,269,937 (48.5%)

If Biden wins Michigan that should be enough to get him to 270

Michigan closing considerably. Hard to know who has the more accurate data tho as on RTE it is showing
Trump 2,341,499 (51.3%) and Biden 2,144,162 (47.0%)
but on the Fox News site Purple provided it shows
Trump 2,336,324 (49.9%) and Biden 2,269,937 (48.5%)

If Biden wins Michigan that should be enough to get him to 270
What's not clear to me is whether it is just the uncounted votes in the counties which have declared which are not included in the States total or if it is all of the votes in the undeclared counties. If it's all the votes then Biden takes Michigan. If it's just the uncounted then Trump probably takes it.

Looking at Michigan right now it very much looks like it is Bidens - Wayne County and Oakland County are the two with the largest population that have a large % yet to count and both are heavily in favour of Biden (67% and 55% respectively) so if that follows through it looks like Biden will win Michigan by anywhere between 50K and 100K votes.

I have to say I find it all a tad confusing. What is the delay with votes in Pennsylvania? How can California and New York complete their vote counts but Pennsylvania will need a few days? Are votes being counted by Amish community or something? Are they refusing to use electronics and instead using an abucus?

GOP Legislatures in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin prevented counting of psotal and early votes until the day after the election. Unlike Florida for example where they counted postal votes during the day yesterday and dropped those numbers into the vote count on the day. It's part of the strategy to "stop counting" and call it.

Compounded by the higher than average early and postal votes

Georgia on my mind...

Reporting that post for sacrilage. The only version....

Joe 1.54, Donald 2.8 ; that makes the chances of a Biden win about 64%, just where we were at the start of voting!

What's driving it? The only thing I can see it that major urban centres are predicted to be favourable for Biden. But it wouldn't surprise me at this point that the outcomes in those urban centres are being overstated for Biden. The polling, or rather the interpretation of the polling, has been blindsided once again.
Unless there is some other fundamental or some other information I'm missing, then I would be inclined to back Trump (although I wont actually back him).

Looking at Michigan right now it very much looks like it is Bidens - Wayne County and Oakland County are the two with the largest population that have a large % yet to count and both are heavily in favour of Biden (67% and 55% respectively) so if that follows through it looks like Biden will win Michigan by anywhere between 50K and 100K votes.
Yes, if the voting patterns continue in Wayne and Oakland then there's a 90k(ish) swing to Biden and Trump is currently leading by 10k votes.
Edit; if Biden takes Michigan and Wisconsin he wins the election.

What's driving it? The only thing I can see it that major urban centres are predicted to be favourable for Biden. But it wouldn't surprise me at this point that the outcomes in those urban centres are being overstated for Biden. The polling, or rather the interpretation of the polling, has been blindsided once again.
Unless there is some other fundamental or some other information I'm missing, then I would be inclined to back Trump (although I wont actually back him).
It's looking more and more like a Biden win Wolfie. He has 224 already, add Arizona (11), he's looking good in Nevada (6), Maine (4) and Wisconsin (10), that brings him to 255. As per Purple and myself, he's looking increasingly likely to take Michigan (15) so that's 270 reached. Nevada or Wisconsin could still go against him but it's looking less likely with each hour.

It's looking more and more like a Biden win Wolfie. He has 224 already, add Arizona (11), he's looking good in Nevada (6), Maine (4) and Wisconsin (10), that brings him to 255. As per Purple and myself, he's looking increasingly likely to take Michigan (15) so that's 270 reached. Nevada or Wisconsin could still go against him but it's looking less likely with each hour.
He'll get Nevada and Arizona but he won't get Georgia. If he gets Wisconsin and Michigan then he doesn't need Pennsylvania but he'll probably get that anyway.

Back