Notice period during probation.

qwerty5

I've started a new job a couple of months ago. My boss is a bit mental so I'm not going to stay.

My question is over my notice period. In my contract it says I have to give 3 months.
Under the probation period section it doesn't say any different but it does say that "if the employment proves unsatisfactory it may be terminated at any time".

I gave my notice and they said they want the three months. So I just wanted to check to see if I had to stay for that amount of time. I would live with a month but three is going to do my head in

The standard period of notice has never applied to probationary periods anywhere I've worked. If they were looking to terminate the employment, I'm sure they would say that they could do so immediately under the terms of the contract so you're well within your rights to do the same.

What are they going to do, sue you? Notice clauses -- even if one existed -- are practically unenforceable. That's as long as you are getting paid up to date so they can't diddle you on wages and you aren't depending on them for a reference. Have a discussion with them and explain how long you are prepared to work. If they are unreasonable or you suspect they might pull a fast one, just work until your next pay date, then don't come back.

Back