Notice of Inspection

Trendisyrfriend

Just checking do I need to get my tenants permission to enter my rented out apartment for an inspection?
It's been over a year.
I left in a Notice of inspection for last week but they put me off until this week and have now put this one off!
I've been trying to arrange an inspection for nearly a month but keep getting excuses, either sick or not there after agreeing various times.
To be honest, feel like I'm being messed around at this stage.
Any help appreciated.

From the rtb website:
  • INSPECTIONS
A tenant is entitled to peaceable occupation of a tenancy, and if you wish to inspect the property than a mutually agreeable time must be arranged. However, if the tenant continually refuses you access to the property, they are in breach of their obligation as a tenant. A Tenant is entitled to reasonable time to rectify the breach of obligations. You should first write to the tenant, outlining the below, and requesting a mutually agreeable time for inspections. If the issue persists after the tenant has received the letter, you may issue a 28 day notice of termination for breach of tenant obligations.

It is recommended that all correspondence, including texts, between you and the tenant, are retained for record.

Back