NOT to move in or sell property - change of mind

Páid

I have a property that is rented out in an RPZ.

I have made the decision that I am getting out of the landlord game for numerous reasons. Waiting period will be months long as the tenant has been there for a number of years.

I am considering moving into the house or I may sell it. If I serve notice to the tenant that I want to move back in but change my mind (before I move in) some weeks/months later and want to sell it instead am I required to serve a new Notice of Termination (with new waiting period)?

If I change my mind after I move in am I obliged to notify the tenant?

Anything else I should be aware of?

I got out of the game myself. As are every other landlord I know personally. Too risky by far for the meagre reward these days.

As long as you don't rent it again under Roz rules you will be fine.

Give them the notice to say you are selling. And put it up for sale for a very good price that you will be happy with.

If you can't sell it foe the price you want you can't sell it. So you have complied with the rules in trying to sell it.

Any problems doing it the other way? I think I will have to move in to it to do some work before I sell it e.g. painting, etc.

I wouldn't imagine there would be a problem.
Just maybe if you moved in then moved out and rented it again.
If you moved in for a while and then sold it you would be in the clear for sure.

Back