not office wear...

Popsocks = tights that only go up to your knees and without the crotch bit!....horrible looking things to be wearing with a skirt!

My pet hate is seeing ladies wearing tops with their bellies and love handles on show and also jeans or trousers a foot too long and all threadbare and torn or with a foot of muck on them from trailing on the ground. I think people should wear what they want within reasn but some stuff just isn't office appropriate!
What is worse though is people wearing the same clothes more than one day in this weather as B.O. is a big problem in a confined office space

re the overhang on jeans, of love handles and tummys, recently heard them referred to as 'muffin tops' (picture your morning muffin, and that spot just above the paper case....).

I'm all for personal expression, but in a professional business environment I question some of the clothing that people think appropriate. Even if you don't meet the public, if customers / supplier ever visit your work place you should be appropriately dressed, casual friday shouldn't mean any old thing, it should mean smart but slightly more casual clothes (a co-worker defines casual smart as any Ralph Lauren ad).

In this place, there is a published dress code including what is and is not acceptable as casual wear.

It is not enforced. It is evident that what is just plain scruffy to me is casual to others.

In one place where my wife used to work, on casual day she thought a colleague was dressed inappropriately (letting down the sisters :rolleyes: ) and made a comment along the lines of 'this is work, not a nightclub'. The reply was along the lines of 'I wouldn't wear THIS for going out' - implying that she'd be far less dressed for social wear.

I always think its funny when guys wear sandals to work! Not that many do where I am, but it still gives me a giggle :))

I think women can't win with summer work attire. It seems you are either too skimpily dressed or a total frump. Roll on autumn!!!!

Ah but do you know why pop socks are called pop socks ??? i think its because they used to come in white in the 70's and have pictures of the bay city rollers on them. Oh for nostalgic times !!!!!

My pet hate is seeing ladies wearing tops with their bellies and love handles on show and also jeans or trousers a foot too long and all threadbare and torn or with a foot of muck on them from trailing on the ground. I think people should wear what they want within reasn but some stuff just isn't office appropriate!
What is worse though is people wearing the same clothes more than one day in this weather as B.O. is a big problem in a confined office space
Am in 100% agreement with this.
Now, why do people who may be referred to as 'muffins' wear such attire?? Can they not see what they look like before leaving the house?

I couldnt care less as long as its not worn for more than one day and there's no BO, have been there with a colleague with bad BO and life was unbearable

Sarah said:
tights ... without the crotch bit!
Grand when matched with a peephole bra - but I supposed it depends on the workplace. Have to go now - Mr. Hefner needs me.

Mell61 - I'm loving your descriptions....

'muffin tops' (picture your morning muffin, and that spot just above the paper case....).

1664, looks 16 from the back and 64 from the front...

Brilliant!

i'd love to claim copyright on both expressions, but found them reading magazines, and yes the're pretty descriptive!

Back