not office wear...

mell61

Just needing to vent my spleen...
when I go to work, nice international company, approx 100 people what I really dislike seeing are:
* cheap flip flops, you know the ones, plastic and better suited to pool / gym changing rooms - no problem with elegant ones, its the plastic ones i dislike (if penneys can manage to have nice elegants ones for Eu5 why wear ugly cheap ones???)
* sequins - since when did 'come dancing' direct office wear! Sequins are for eveings... just say no to sequined belts / hair bands / cardigans
* any football / sports nylon shirt on casual friday... do people really think this constitutes any form of casual office wear! Especially in good weather... nylon + sweat = not condusive to an amiable work environment!

what else do people dislike seeing on colleagues?

mell61 said:
* cheap flip flops,
* sequins
I actually don't mind those..it's when the blokes around the office start wearing 'em that really gets on my goat!

ninsaga said:
I actually don't mind those..it's when the blokes around the office start wearing 'em that really gets on my goat!
When is that, cross dressing Tuesday?

Visible thongs................ NOT ATTRACTIVE.
Tight or revealing clothes, some show more skin than the average would on a night out. This casual work wear thing can be very hard to pin down, especially for the girls.

ninsaga said:
Did you work in Stringfellows until it closed or something?

I'm sure your bum doesn't look big in whatever you plan to wear if that's what's upsetting you.

ClubMan said:
I'm sure your bum doesn't look big in whatever you plan to wear if that's what's upsetting you.

....eeehhh... thanks and all that...but why are you thinking about my bum there Clubman :confused:

cheap flip flops, sequins ,any football / sports nylon shirt
I cant say I am too keen on the items listed but I guess its down to personal taste. While I wouldnt wear them myself I would have no problem if anybody else did!

Guys wearing black shirts with green ties tied in ridiculously large knots.
Ladies who dye their skin orange and their hair blonde, wearing pink tops with glitter.

For the past week the laydeez in my place have been making sweet music, what with the gentle flip, flop of their cheapie footwear on the office carpet. I'm not into the whole flip flop/ naked feet in work thing myself- think it's best kept at the pool/ beech etc! Funny thing is , whilst we're all in our short sleeves (dressed for the weather in our non AC building) there's a guy in the building who's still wearing long sleeved shirt and pullover! Maybe he doesn't believe in wasting money on summer attire?

or maybe he has ye all fooled and has one of those sweaters with a collar and cuffs stuck onto it.

Don't care what anyone wears as long as a) they get their work done and deliver results and b) aren't smelly

Yep, it's not the clothes that annoy me, but a previous co-worker used put on buckets of strong-smelling perfume...it's very off-putting (and sometimes headache-causing)

Found out later that she layered on the perfume because she smoked and felt insecure about the smell in her clothes/hair. News flash: perfume doesn't cover the smell of cigarettes, it just makes it smell more revolting. (She stopped eventually when everyone sitting beside her gave out one day!)

I absolutely don't care what people wear. In fact, I think the whole thing about what is worn when is fairly anal and harks back to a time when "etiquette" was used as a subversive means of control rather than a pact mutual respect. The clothes do not make the man and image should not have the importance it does. I wish people didn't buy into the conformist stuff so easily.

I've suffered at the hands of the smelly workers and it really is the pits (boom boom). The walking perfurmeries are every bit as bad the ones with shower-phobia.

Rebecca

Back