Northwood Santry

My goodness...thats an outrageous price for what looks like a very average apartment!

Anyone have any idea what at present is the situation on vistors parking spaces in northwood? Thanks

Had a look at a few second hand apartments in this complex about a year ago and they seemed to have aged very badly since they were built. The management company don't seem to have taken much care of the development in my eyes, which put me off going any further with the idea of buying there.

Just to confirm, as a pilot for one of the major airlines out of Dublin, Santry is not affected by the take off or final approach paths of the main runway 10/28 or the other runway 16/34 which is used less frequently. I almost bough a penthouse there 2 years ago, 1,200 sq ft and they wanted 360,000. From the other posts, the price doesnt seem to have risen much since then. The penthouse included 2 parking spaces, one or both of which were under ground and secure.

landlord said:
I almost bough a penthouse there 2 years ago, 1,200 sq ft and they wanted 360,000. From the other posts, the price doesnt seem to have risen much since then. The penthouse included 2 parking spaces, one or both of which were under ground and secure.

Similar seem to be going for between 480k and 520k or soaccording to myhome.ie
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

jdwex said:
Which development?

Temple Court/Temple Gardens

Was down there today and there seemed to be some visitors spaces beside the show apartment in temple court

wondering if any more?

I just notice most of the surface spaces seem reserved and they operate a clamping system

buying place parklands , getting one space and can get another 5K, but just wondering about visitors parking?

The Badger said:
Temple Court/Temple Gardens

Was down there today and there seemed to be some visitors spaces beside the show apartment in temple court

wondering if any more?

I just notice most of the surface spaces seem reserved and they operate a clamping system

buying place parklands , getting one space and can get another 5K, but just wondering about visitors parking?

Temple court has visitor spaces at the back, and at the Temple Gardens side of the development . Vistor parking is a problem-Lyndonbarry oversold extra parking spaces.
jd

Fluffy said:
Hi there
Does anyone live here we are looking at a penthouse and was wondering what the area is like to live?
is there noise from flight path, it is bearable etc. any info welcome.

Hi My name is Susan and I have just bought in Parklands, Northwood, Santry. I was looking for anybody else who is about to move into parklands soon.
The developer says snagging will start in Mid- April for Block 4. Any body else heard anything?

budapest said:
Had a look at a few second hand apartments in this complex about a year ago and they seemed to have aged very badly since they were built. The management company don't seem to have taken much care of the development in my eyes, which put me off going any further with the idea of buying there.

Temple gardens has aged badly, very badly. esp the exterior. I can only speak for my block in Tcourt and its pretty much the same as it was when we bought it. Theres a few grubby marks here and there on walls etc.. but thats to be expected.

Regarding the Air Noise from Airport - I agree. No interferance at all. Im on a corner block at the back and dont hear much. All be it if you have your windows open you'll hear it but the insallation from the windows is good.

RE: parking. Living in temple court and parking is a nightmare for visitors...due to the fact that people with 2 cars are taking up visitor spaces. TBH Id have to do the same if I had a second car - its the only solution - but still pi$$es me off. same cars there all the time.

managment company have implemented a 24 hr parking timeout on each visitor space. But people just keep swithchin their cars so its ineffective.

Developers Lyndonbarry, apart from over selling additional spots to people never developed the correct amount of visitor spaces per block in the first place. Aparently there's a guidline of 2.3 spaces per block and we're well short!

management comp were looking into it months ago.

We in Lymewood only have two visitor parking spaces per block, my block, block A has the highest number of apartments so it is shocking that the council or whoever it is lets developments be planned like this....Ciars where did you here of the Guidlines? We will have clamping is sometime soon also and I imagine people will do the same...swap cars etc....Yesterday there must have been 12 cars parked on the Kerb i.e. not in spaces so I don't know where all of these cars will go...

easy rider said:
We in Lymewood only have two visitor parking spaces per block, my block, block A has the highest number of apartments so it is shocking that the council or whoever it is lets developments be planned like this....Ciars where did you here of the Guidlines? We will have clamping is sometime soon also and I imagine people will do the same...swap cars etc....Yesterday there must have been 12 cars parked on the Kerb i.e. not in spaces so I don't know where all of these cars will go...

After about a year of complaining about bad parking and spaces and the lack there of, our managment company (WYSE) finally introduced clamping. Shortly afterwards at one of our AGM's, when there were still complaints about parking/visitor spaces etc.. they revealed the 'guiline' for spaces and said they were looking into it. WYSE were all talk about contacting Lyndonbarry demainding more spaces or a rebate on the spaces we were short of......nothing has happened since.

and I won't be holding my breath!

Hi there

i am hoping to move in to block 2 parklands in August.
Is there anybody else out there moving in around that time.

Hi graham,

i am moving into block 2 as well. I dont have any dates for snagging etc. but i heard it will be in aug sometime.

I have bought in PARKLANDS and plan to move back to Dublin from the middle east with my teenage son to live there. Obviously I am currently checking out schools for him in the area. He will be ready to join the leaving cert cycle. Anybody got any comments/ recommendations on schools in the area. What choices are there?

Back