Noonan warns that people who own 21 properties will not be saved from eviction

I don't agree. Their comments, as I understood them, were circumspect at best. Did I miss direct comments from MLMcD and RBB in sympathetic support of the Kellys?

From the Irish Independent
Tanaiste Eamon Gilmore has promised to contact the elderly couple evicted from their home on millionaires' row.

[broken link removed]'s Mary-Lou McDonald and People Before Profit TD [broken link removed] also expressed concerns about the eviction.

Brendan and Asta Kelly, from Killiney, are constituents of Mr Gilmore's in Dun Laoghaire.

The [broken link removed] leader said he was surprised by the force used to evict them.

This is nonsense. Fair play to Kenny and Noonan for being straight and saying clearly that they had no sympathy for these people.

When people are clearly in the wrong, politicians shouldn't be afraid to say it even if they are their constituents.

Both Mary Lou McDonald and Richard Boyd Barrett expressed concern about the eviction. They are simply coming from the populist angle "eviction = bad banks exploiting the people".
Putting this in it's proper context, she was sensitive to the subject - mindful of how repossession could affect others in Irish society as she when on to articultate;

"But it is symptomatic of a broader crisis in society. More than 100,000 households were in mortgage distress at the end of December and over 90 households fall into distress every day".

Being 'concerned' is very much on the milder end of the scale. Did she express full-on support for the Kelly's? I don't think so.

http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Sinn_Fein
[broken link removed]'s Mary-Lou McDonald and People Before Profit TD [broken link removed] also expressed concerns about the eviction.

They expressed concern while Michael Noonan and Enda Kenny said that they had no sympathy. If Mary-Lou wanted to comment, she should have been equally harsh on the Kellys. But Irish politicians don't want to criticise people - it's much more popular to bash the evil banks for using so much force to evict a poor 70 year old from his home (even if he has 31 other properties)

They expressed concern while Michael Noonan and Enda Kenny said that they had no sympathy.
They expressed concern at the unfolding situation (mindful of the sensitivies of others who are potentially exposed to repossession). Concern ...NOT sympathy.
If Mary-Lou wanted to comment, she should have been equally harsh on the Kellys.
Do we know what information MLmcD had at the time she was asked to comment (particularly in relation to the Kelly's property portfolio) or are we making assumptions about that? As outlined above, it's with empathy towards all others in Ireland who are faced with this prospect that she expressed 'concern' - and not with the Kellys.

While Michael Noonan and Enda Kenny said that they had no sympathy.
I whole-heartedly welcomed what Michael Noonan had to say on the subject and the way in which he expressed it.

Nothing new. Banks are regularly appoint property receivers. Only issue is that the costs reduce the amounts available to pay back the loans. Better if the creditor voluntarily applies the net rent to the loan.

At what point did everyone concerned become aware of the fact these people own a small village worth of houses.
The second they knew they were owners of that many units, they should have been given a very short
time to sell some of them if they wanted to keep their family home.
Failing to do that - eject them pronto.
Many famillies are close to the line with eviction/reposession.

Back