non payment of utility bill

U

Unregistered

Is your credit rating affected if you are disconnected by Eircom?
We owe them 100e, it was just an oversight, but we've been disconnected.
I think it's a bit harsh, but anyway- does this kind of thing affect your credit rating?

According to [ Factsheets%20-%20You%20and%20Your%20Credit%20Rating.pdf your credit rating relates to loans, and not utilities bills, but you should clarify this by contacting IFSRA directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unregistered said:
Is your credit rating affected if you are disconnected by Eircom?
We owe them 100e, it was just an oversight, but we've been disconnected.
I think it's a bit harsh, but anyway- does this kind of thing affect your credit rating?

pay the money and it will go away.... shouldn't be any record anywhere the anyone else can see

I had a similar problem with Eircom - they sent a notification letter we forgot to pay the bill, which we never got; the phone got disconnected a few days later and send us a bill for the reconnection charge. It was a genuine mistake but they were extremely firm and not willing to discuss it (even considering it was the first time we didn't pay on time). Argued with them for few weeks, and eventually when they sent few notifications they will sue us, decided wasn't worth the effort.

Sometimes I wish I had continued the fight longer, as I still believe it was very bad customer service... Switched to BT since:)

Back