Non-national and Pension

• Thread starter cluelessindublin
  • Start date
C

cluelessindublin

Hi,

I am a non-national (Indian) working here in Dublin. I recently started contributing towards a pension scheme thru my new employer. Apart from the normal 5% contribution, I have opted for another 5% AVC, and chose high risk group (as the amount is not substantial yet, and I am ready to take some risk).

My question is, what are my chances of getting any/some of this pension contribution if I decided to leave Ireland for good. For the sake of my career, I might have to move to some other country, or may be back to India. What are my chances of getting all the money (minus tax of course) when I leave Ireland?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Pensions and non-nationals

Your right to your pension is not affected by where you are when it falls due or what your nationality is.

However, if you leave Ireland before retirement age, you willl probably have to leave the benefits where they are until retirement age: you will not be allowed to cash them in and take a taxed lump sum, and the chances of being allowed to switch them to a scheme in another country are not good.

d

Re: Pensions and non-nationals

Thanks a mil, d53!

Back