Non essential international travel?.

EasilyAmused

Has the fine for non essential international travel been increased to €2,000 as reported last month? Or is it still €500.

Is there any limit on this fine, eg a date where it’s set to expire?
Or is it linked to our Covid level 5? What happens if the levels drop to 4 or 3? Will the fine be lifted?

€500 going and €500 coming back is my understanding. No annoucement on any reductions that I've heard

I don't think the fine is connected too any levels while it is connected too non essential travel ban.
As far as I know it's still €500 but open too correction on it

And as far as I am aware everyone in your "party" gets fined the 500 euro or 2,000 euro whichever it is.

€500 going and €500 coming back is my understanding. No annoucement on any reductions that I've heard
This is one occasion where having Sinn Fein in power would be useful; they could just kneecap anyone who they think has broken the rules.

This is one occasion where having Sinn Fein in power would be useful; they could just kneecap anyone who they think has broken the rules.

Correction, anyone who isn't a member in good standing...they're very much in the 'do what we say, not what we do' camp :)

Any reports on these fines being given?
Will an informal medical or dental checkup booking abroad suffice to bypass this?

Any reports on these fines being given?
Will an informal medical or dental checkup booking abroad suffice to bypass this?
Been through the airport several times, only asked once where i was going, but not if it was business or leisure, despite it being a leisure destination. Most people, including gardai, are pragmatic, and aren't going to be getting in the way of normal citizens acting in a responsible manner and not stinking of booze or drugs.

Back