NON Current Account with Debit Card

fatboyPee

Sure this may have been asked previously, just wondering if anyone knows of an institution that has such an account where I can transfer some of my wages and use a debit card.

I don't want a current account and having tried AIB (whose attitude was shockingly poor) and Ulster Bank (nobody there to ask in branch) and lots of looking online I'm getting the impression no such account exists..

Thanks

FBP.

Why don't you want a current account. ? At the end of the day, they're all a bank account with varying cards and facilities attached, what they are called is irrelevant

EBS Money Manager is a FREE current account. You could get a basic ATM with a savings account but not a debit card. Revolut might be another option but that's easier loading it from a current account.

Thanks for your replies..

I guess its a terminology thing, but the grilling I got from AIB relating to opening a current account is basically why ("we need evidence of solvency, we need assurances you will be depositing regular amounts into this account.." and so on..) I simply only want to deposit small amounts for cash for personal use and be able to access my money by use of ATM and to buy the odd thing online..

I get the fact not all banks are as poor in terms of customer service (quite literally felt like a criminal, stood there trying to get them to take my money), but I thought (naively it appears) that there may be an account without all the aggravation and justification..

Looked at ESB Manager, think thats about the only one I can find.. rest seem to be either loaded with fees (02 card etc spring to mind).. or need to be a current account..

i should add, I have a joint current account, just want to put a few beans into an account in my name..

Thanks again.

FBP.

Last edited:
Current accounts are underwritten because they have potential for overdrafts so essentially a lending product. You should face normal id info only for deposit accounts but you probably won't get the card you want with them.

Back