Nolans kitchens

dk99

We are getting a new kitchen in and have had meet with a couple of Kitchen people. My wife had her heart set on a kitchen from Nolans and when i went in to see it last week i was very impressed with the service we received. My wife had been in already but they still took the time to go through everything with me.

We have been quoted 12K for the Kitchen & 4k for the Granite worktop. I know we might be able to get a better deal from C&C Kitchens or the Panel Centre but based on the service we have received to date i think th eexpense might be worth it.

Before we go ahead and order i was just wondering if anyone has any other opinions on Nolans especially from someone who has had one installed.

All I can tell you is that my friend had terrible trouble getting them to finish a job. It got to the stage where they just kept ignoring her calls but she persisted and they finished the job in the end....

A woman (whose hubby or neighbour or something works for Nolans) told me they only really like to deal with the trade and not with your average Joe Soap off the street.

I've heard something similar as well. That they did not want to turn up for problems once the jobs was finished. Then again, I heard very good stories about them as well.
It is true I suppose that in general you can get better (after)service and extra services like plumbing, electricity and tiling from smaller kitchen companies. Especially when spaces, corners etc. are awkward. Then again, if you are handy yourself, Panel Centre and Newman Noyek are grand places. Kitchen companies buy from them anyway.
I wouldn't know if Nolans is a particular good one, but I heard some good about them. You can always shop around further.

We are just in the process of getting a kitchen installed by Nolans at the moment... So far they have been very good and the installation itself looks very good.. Its about 10sq mtrs of units plus an island. They have offered to install some of the appliances for us for free too. We did get about 8 quotes for similar kitchens and the prices ranged greatly... We felt that the service and price were the best from nolans. We did look at C&C and also the panelling centre but when you factor in fitting and the granite worktop they were working out the same. I felt it was better to go for a turnkey solution.
I will keep you posted on how they finish it.
PS they can turnaround a kitchen very quickly too (2-3 wks).
I hope this helps.

Polo1 - tnx for your response i would really appreciate your opinion once its all finished. I hope it turns out well for you.

they are based in Dublin. We live in Kildare and they did'nt seem to have any problems with that.

As per previous posts the majority of their work is for housing estates so maybe they are nationwide!!

Nolans do have a good reputation, I wish I'd known about it when we bought an Apartment 2 years ago.

We dealt with Cash & Carry Kitchens, and had huge trouble from start to finish.

It took a long time to get them to finish some of the Units.

The Appliances we bought through them, oh Lord, practically all of them have broken down within a few months of purchasing them & neither them nor the Company they use to supply them wanted to know us.

Only a threat of Legal Action prompted a response.

Never again .............

Back