Nokia Phone Choice with 3 mobile

browser

Hi,

I am due to upgrade my phone, I am currently with 3.

I am one of those people that will only use a Nokia, I am just so used to them and find them very easy to use.

I am being offered the following phones: 6280, 6680 and 6233 (well, I am also being offer the N70 and N73 but they are more expensive.

Does anyone have any good or bad comments on these phones?

I have the 6233 on 3 and I'm very happy with it.

Have had it for 3 months now and was instantly used to it (Had the Motorola Razr before that and could never get used to it)

Display is clear, camera is excellent, a little on the heavy side but I like that.

Feels sturdy and is hardy enough - I spilt a glass of water all over it, after a few mins under a hair dryer it was working perfectly again.

plus it has a few handy things like being able to set an alarm to go off 5 days a week and not seven, etc. (might be on all Nokia's but wasn't on the Motorola).

All in all a very good phone in my opinion.

The 6233 is a lovely phone. The only problem I see with it is that is only has one camera and is therefore not practical for video calling if that's what you want to do.

The camera is at the back so it's not possible to see the screen while pointing the camera at yourself.

I recently switched from Vodafone to 3 and got a Nokia 6280. It's a great phone with a good camera and only cost €79 (pay monthly). My bills are half what they used to be and the customer service so far has been much better with 3.

If you buy it in Xtravision you can get a couple of [broken link removed] thrown in... (I presume 3 allows upgrades in this manner?)

a salesman in 3 store in grafton st told me that 3 are deffo getting in the Nokia N95 when it comes out - will be expensive though but it looks like the king of phones.

Looked at 3 yesterday, the salesman was not pushy and seemed to know his stuff.

A few questions do three offer insurance on the phones?
how much and what are the conditions?

N95 looks interesting phone and sat na on one might be worth the dollars anyone know when they are due?

I assume the coverage is as good as vodafone as they use the same network.

What am I missing here seems too good to be true?

I assume the coverage is as good as vodafone as they use the same network.

In my experience voice and text coverage are fine but 3G and video coverage can be very unreliable in parts of south and west Dublin.

> 3G and video coverage can be very unreliable in parts of south and west
> Dublin.
Agreed - and elsewhere across the country...
Also, 3's customer service (once you're a paid-up subscriber, natch) is brutal, sometimes downright rude.

I'm with 3 and I've had some difficulty texting friends of mine that are abroad. They haven't signed texting agreements with some overseas Networks so I have friends in the UK, Spain and the US that just can't text. Also if an Irish person goes abroad and I text them they ocassionaly recieve the same text over and over again.

Other than that I've found them fine

Gnashers

> 3G and video coverage can be very unreliable in parts of south and west
> Dublin.
Agreed - and elsewhere across the country...
Also, 3's customer service (once you're a paid-up subscriber, natch) is brutal, sometimes downright rude.

I have recently changed to three from vodafone and have to say that the customer service is top notch and a million times better than vodafone.:)

i too am with 3 (bill pay) and i find them to be excellent. i was with vodafone in the past.

I have recently changed to three from vodafone and have to say that the customer service is top notch and a million times better than vodafone.:)

I'd have to say that having been with 3, and left because of their terrible customer service, my experience is that the customer service with Vodafone is vastly superior to 3.

You're dealt with from a call centre in Scotland, and you're pretty much treated like a second class citizen - Irish customers don't appear to be a priority for them at all.

I had a nightmare 12 months with 3, and more than just because of the customer service. I'd definitely recommend people go elsewhere.

Assuming one sticks with Nokia. Where and what are the best recommended buys ?

Back