Nokia 6310i

Re: Nokia 6310

the 6310i is the best phone ever made, well there are a lot of people needing solutions here 6 maybe but there are how many of these phones still being used right now(always the same we only hear the bad news)not that u shouldnt be needing help!
phone companies like vod^%$£"£ and me&^%$ and o% hate that phonr and it ilk becuase they loose sales, the return garantee on a new phone is about 30 days!!!
long live the 6310i!!!

Lorraine do you put the paper over specifically where the sim card lies or up near the battery heads?

A little latenight googling resulted in the following from .

Reviewed by Toveri from Finland on 10th Jan 2005
It would seem I am not alone with my problem. The 6310i is getting obsolete, but I can't find a phone good enough to replace it with. I would like a phone with all the new toys like cameras and mp3-players, but first and foremost I want a good phone. The 6310 has the perfect keyboard, it seems to be made for my fingers. The battery is still going strong and the phone itself can fall all the way to hell and bounce back working as well as it always has. Those of you who are having trouble with the phone switching off randomly, try the 'Nokia paper trick': take a small piece of paper, fold it couple of times over and place it between the phones body and the battery. This is something you should do to every Nokia phone. Over time the battery will get loose and thus it won't be able to provide a steady voltage for the phone. This will cause all kinds of weird behaviour like the phone switching itself off randomly, the battery life going down dramatically and even the phone booting itself at 3:33AM every night!
and also [broken link removed]
Model/Firmware:Nokia 6310/vallSummary:Phone shuts down randomlyDescription:Answer to the question above:
"added a piece on the rear part on top of the sim card under the battery,does anybody know what was added?"

Nokia phones 61**/62**/63** encountered the problem of switching off without cause during operation. This is a mechanical bug in the construction of body part and battery. By inserting a little plastic part or paper the battery is pressed away from the main body of the phone. This will give the construction more stability and therefore will not switch off your phone off during operation.

This is a hardware/construction bug. Inserting a piece of plastic or paper will solve the problem. Software updates won't. The piece of plastic is included in new phones usualy right now.
Type:majorSubmitted by thomasgrota yahoo.cm, on 2003-03-27 02:48:13

Hi LorraineB,

The old nokia paper trick worked perfectly! Thanks.

I used a folded picec of paper 4 sheets thick at the top of the battery ie the opposite end to where the sim is.

I imagine one could use something like neoprene as well.

Thanks again, maybe Ill get a few more years out of the old workhorse yet.

aj

Ill get a few more years out of the old workhorse yet.

aj

Be careful of that model. They're popular despite their age and problems as above. Is this the model that rumours circulated a few years ago about them being stolen to order?

Yes, I looked at the Nokia E50. At €249 with vodaphone rtg its expensive. Talk time of 450mins and standby time hours of 220.

Does anyone know how many contact numbers can be stored in the E50 phone? and whether it supports multiple numbers per contact like the 6310i?

Back