Nokia 6310i

C

capaill

Hi Folks

Changed careers recently and as a result had to hand back my company mobile which was a Nokia 6310. The problem is the car kit for the above is still in my car. Anyone know where I can buy a sim free Nokia 6310 in Dublin. Rather not buy from Ebay or the like.

Thanks

C

you could always try to go into the nokia store on dawson st. but if it were me I would I would be looking in the buy and sell..online

[broken link removed]

Hey , I have a 6310i (unlocked) that needs a reason to be upgraded. Send me a PM and we can work out something.

Suggest an Upgrade from Nokia 6310i

I've got a Nokia 6310i which I suspect may be on its last legs (buttons not working as well as they used to, battery coming loose etc.). Any suggestions for a replacement?

The main thing I'm after is battery life, bluetooth for the car kit, speakerphone, and ability to withstand wear and tear. Not bothered about camera, MP3 and all that. I'd also prefer to stick with Nokia.

Last time I had a look around, there was only the 6230i, which is grand except for the battery life, and the "colour screen" which goes black once the backlight is off. Are any of the newer Nokias - N series, or E series any good?

Re: Suggest an Upgrade from Nokia 6310i

in the same boat...I was thinking of bring it to a repair shop. My issue is that some of the buttons need to be hammere down to get a response....

Bootdog

If you want to stick with the 6310i then you can buy one online from a site called Retrofone. The 6310i is available here

I have used this site in the past to buy a 6310i.

C

Why don't Nokia make good reliable phones like this anymore? I guess it's because any of us that have a 6310i, refuse to upgrade to new phones !!!

Why don't Nokia make good reliable phones like this anymore? I guess it's because any of us that have a 6310i, refuse to upgrade to new phones !!!

Yea, it was the business in terms of battery life. I think I checked before and it was the longest battery life of any of the mainstream phones. Maybe the commincator was better but not sure.
I'm defo of the opinion now to get the thing fixed in terms of buttons not quite working. i got the screwdrievr that opens it...a T4, you can get it in any hardware shop and I opened it but didn't do anything except blow on it to clear out dust...I might put in more of an effort the next time I open it to sort out the button issues.

Thanks for that link capaill, I may well be using them...

Legend99, you could get the covers on the old 6310's changed, but you have to go into a shop to get it done, might be worth asking can they do that for you, and give the inside a bit of a clean while they're at it.

My phone got left in a tent, and got wet and trampled on. The screen went all weird, but turned it on and off, and its back to normal ... nearly as good as the 5110 that was dropped into a pint and lived to tell the tale...

Bootdog

If you want to stick with the 6310i then you can buy one online from a site called Retrofone. The 6310i is available here

I have used this site in the past to buy a 6310i.

C

A friend of mine who has problems with literacy has asked for help with replacing his 6310i. There are some on e-bay for ridiculously little money from what seem to be reputable dealers. Given the disparity with what retrofone is charging, is there something to be careful about here?

Thanks

Thanks

Last edited:

The phone doctor in Selskar in Wexford town sells and can refurbish the 6310i. I don't have any contact details sorry!!

Re: Nokia 6310

Hi I am looking for a Nokia 6310 or 6310i. Anyone out there know where I could purchase one ?

[broken link removed]
I heard that companies are increasingly holding onto these old workhorses when employees leave.

More info here:

mod note: A number of threads concerning the nokia 6310 have been merged here.

Lads, did we get anywhere we this....my 6310i is dying on its feet. But I don't like the look of any of the new Nokias....other alternative I'm looking at is the Sony k710i or k800i....any opinions?

Thats weird, my trusty 6310i started acting up yesterday. It repeatedly turns itself off despite having a full charge.

Thats weird, my trusty 6310i started acting up yesterday. It repeatedly turns itself off despite having a full charge.

Much the same as mine.....keeps crashing. Middle of doing something, goes blank for 5 secs, comes back on without asking for PIN but is back at start screen. So I think its had it.
What to do.....reputable sellers on e-bay look to be charging close to 150 euros when taking postage into account. Could upgrade to that Sony Eric. k750i for 30 quid but loathe to move from 6310......

ajapale, yours sounds like a common 6310i problem, but its easily solved. Take the back off the phone and put a piece of light card or thick paper between the battery and the back of the phone. Close it up again. This normally does the trick. Its as if after a while it just gets a bit loose.

Let me know if this works

Nokia fixed this by sticking a slim magnet to the inside of the phone.
The problem as Lorraine B pointed out, is loose battery connectors. Usually caused by fiddly fingers moving an already loose-fitting part!

The 6310i? :mad:

Bought one a few months ago, had asked around for a good old fashioned reliable phone that would work well with my laptop. Was recommended the 6310i.

A couple of months after getting it, it started acting up - would cut off mid call, 'insert sim card' on screen, despite sim card being well and truly inserted. Left it back for repair, exactly same problem when it was returned - not sure they even looked at it.

My sister bought the same phone recently and...yep, the same problem.

So much for it being a reliable phone.

Back