Nokia 6300

Just got my phone delivered and eventually got the cover off the back. No sign of the Micro SD card 128 MB MU-26. Should I have got one? Is it in the phone already?

Thanks for all the replies.
I have sorted the problem thanks to my sister who dropped her 6300 and broke it so I took her battery which I now use as back up.
My problem is that I need the phone for business and I am generally use it a lot during the day.
On any new phone the first thing I do is charge it as per the manufacturers recomendations and I would always charge the phone whilst turned off.
I really need a heavy duty battery but this does not seem to exist.
I have pretty much all features turned off and I don't use the radio

I have had 6300 for last 2 years. Crap battery. Had to charge it every night. Doesn't seem to be case for everyone though. Bluetooth would eat the battery if left on for hour. I read somewhere battery on 6300 is inadequate for power drain from resolution and features. Lovely looking and great phone apart from that. Mic broke on it last week so sent it off to be fixed and bought a 3120c. Nice slim phone with better battery. Meteor of course don't supply a 128 micro SD card like they did with my old 6300 so I bought a 2gig micro sd card with adaptor for around 10 euro on ebay. Great as my laptop has a sd card reader so using adaptor can directly put music and photos on to phone without using nokia suite. This is great as surprise suprise the USB cable I bought from ebay for 7 euro for my 6300 (carphone warehouse charging 50 quid) doesn't fit the 3120c and the nokia suite I got for XP PC won't install properly on my Vista laptop. I can bypass all those annoying built in compatibility problems. Which is more than I can say for my Creative Zen Microphoto which won't communicate with vista with no available drivers to fix it.

I bought the 3120c from Meteor store for 129 euro and then realised you can get it for 79 euro on O2. Must be how Meteor are paying for so called free text for life promotion....

Thanks for all the replies.
I have sorted the problem thanks to my sister who dropped her 6300 and broke it so I took her battery which I now use as back up.
My problem is that I need the phone for business and I am generally use it a lot during the day.
On any new phone the first thing I do is charge it as per the manufacturers recomendations and I would always charge the phone whilst turned off.
I really need a heavy duty battery but this does not seem to exist.
I have pretty much all features turned off and I don't use the radio

If you read forums on net there is a bigger battery you can get for 6300 but you have to file down contacts on it to make it fit.

Thats the problem with all the new phones. The colour display eats the battery. Never had to charge the phones that much years ago.

I agree with soy. Sony Ericsson's last generally a lot longer than Nokia's.

The 6300 is particularly poor. That said its a slim phone with big screen. What do you expect.

You should expect what you pay for.

You mean you should do your homework before buying something. Its like buying a high performance sports car and complaining you have to fill up every 200 miles. You can buy a 2G phone with black and white screen no bluetooth, radio, mp3 or camera that will last a long time if thats what you want. I'd guess that the things that most affect battery life include...

3G
Edge/HSPA
MMS
Internet
GPS
WiFi
BlueTooth
Colour screen
Large screen
Using Radio/MP3 Player/Camera
Playing movies
MP3 and large sound files and ring tones
Small battery (slim phones)
Long phone calls, (talktime vs standby etc)

How do you get the nokia 6300 to vibrate when on silent or can you? It vibrates when I set the alarm to go off but it wont vibrate when it's on silent which is what I want. I've tried google all morning and nothing works.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 6300 is a crap phone and I work in the telecom industry. First off the battery as people have mentioned is a joke, I simply have the phone primilarly for calls and rarely use bluetooth and the camera (its handy at times though) and I never use the other functions (mp3, playing music etc). I had the phone a month and it acted up. Turns out the 1st models of this phone had a dodgy version of firmware on them v5.0 which caused the phone to restart periodically by its self. Nokia addressed this issue and released an updated version v5.5 to combat the phone restarting it also slightly improved the battery issue. I have a 6230i for work and its miles better better clairty of voice from the speaker, battery lasts longer, better menu etc.
The 6300 menus from schedules are not very intutive and the flashing blue light when there is a text message waiting or missed call can get quiet annoying after a while.

My other half loves it. I just think you bought the wrong phone tbh. Like any slimline phone the battery is poor. Thats trade off for the size. I prefer my Sony Eric though.

I like the blue light and battery is not as bad as I had feared. The sound from an incoming call seems low unless my settings are wrong. It is well built and after much research I purchased one. It has many,many great reviews if you google.

Back