Noisy Pump - driving me nuts!

CPAMG

I have a 3 Bar Stuart Turner double-ended shower pump in my apartment airing cupboard. It provides a fantastic shower but the noise it makes is driving me nuts.
There doesn't seem to have been much care put into the original installation (before I moved in), with the flexible hoses kinked and set at different lengths on the pipes. The pump is hanging from the pipework and it's not fully set on the floor. Also when the pump is on it seems to using the airing cupboard as a sounding board.

I've done the usual Googling and have a fair idea of what I need to do.

The plan at the moment is as follows;

Turn off power supply to pump
Turn off HOT/COLD water supply & drain system
Remove flexible hoses from pipework and remove pump
Layer thick piece of carpet on hotpress floor.
Put cork tile on this
Then paving slab
Another cork tile
Place Pump on top of this with feet set on rubber washers
Cut the copper pipes to the correct length and re-attach the flexible hoses.
Support all pipework with pipe clips and wrap all pipes in the hotpress with foam rubber insulation
Layer the bottom half of the hotpress walls with double layer of cork tiles to reduce sound board effect
Seal door with draft strip all-round with rubber weather strip on the bottom.
Cup of Tea!!

My main area of concern is the removal and re-fitting of the pump. I have basic plumbing skills but for some reason working around the pump is making me nervous. Is the inital removal as simple as I make it out in steps 1-3 or is there something else I need to look out for.

Any help or tips greatly appreciated!

We have a Grunfos 4.5 bar pump. It's water cooled, so needs no air intake, so I have insulated around it with 100mm of rockwool insulation, and it's done the trick, can hardly hear it with the door of the room its in open. But be sure it's a Water cooled one before you do this. Might save you a bit of messing with plumbing if you try this first.

Back