Noirin wont go

cremeegg,
there has been too much political play acting over commissioners . In my life commissioners have been wagged far too much by short term political/populist dog considerations.
Our Dail would vote for Putin if they thought there was a populist vote in it !

Finally Noirin has gone.

How on earth can she quit a major job with a few hours notice to the minister.

I wouldn't expect a babysitter to quit like that.

Finally Noirin has gone.

How on earth can she quit a major job with a few hours notice to the minister.

I wouldn't expect a babysitter to quit like that.

I would expect a sneaky deal was done to expedite her departure
http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...cy-on-osullivan-severance-package-805479.html

Labour leader Brendan Howlin has demanded there must be “complete transparency” on the severance package of ex-Garda Commissioner Nóirín O'Sullivan, writes Daniel McConnell

I guess all our problems are solved then............ (by all accounts it was all down to her...)

While I admit her time recollection talents are ..errr..limited, I dont see how she can be lumbered with all the mis-deeds of the force. The Gerry McCabe is the real 'big one' in my view, if she's nailed on that one then fair enough. The breath test is obviously wider culpability. Templemore - not sure its the greatest financial scandal ever - I dont recall any eyewatering figures. Her time had probably come but I'm not expecting major changes just because she has moved on.

Confirmed tonight that although Noirin is in the top job less than the required 3 years for the full payout package, her time as Acting Comm will be taken into account thereby qualifying her.
Cha ching

Ah, now we know where all the additional breath tests came from! To paraphrase the old Feeling Fallers motto, test early and test often.

Of the 12,859 Gardai in the country over 32,000 had expressed their confidence in the Commissioner. ;)

Something doesn't quite add up with these figures, Purple.

Now, I'm not saying for one second that they look in any way false - but maybe they're a little elevated?! Whatever the case, any discrepancy should, in absolutely no way, be attributed to the rank and file gardaí.

Something doesn't quite add up with these figures, Purple.

Now, I'm not saying for one second that they look in any way false - but maybe they're a little elevated?! Whatever the case, any discrepancy should, in absolutely no way, be attributed to the rank and file gardaí.
The guy from the GRA made a show of himself on RTE radio. He managed to make the issue about the rank and file Gardai rather than the management. It is not the right time for Union Speak.

Back