NO WIN-NO FEE legal representation

galway_blow_in

is this quite literally something which solicitors offer ?, i know you can make a PIAB application yourself but park that for a moment please , is it the case that a - some solicitors will make a PIAB application with a view to collecting a fee of say 2000 euro in the event of a successful insurance payout but if the effort bears no fruit , the solicitor gets nothing ?

forgive my ignorance but is this literally the service offered by some solicitors when it comes to PI claim applications ?

Yes, some solicitors and barristers charge no fee if you lose and they recover it if you win.

I would be very wary of them though. Good solicitors are too busy to do this.

Brendan

Yes, some solicitors and barristers charge no fee if you lose and they recover it if you win.

I would be very wary of them though. Good solicitors are too busy to do this.

Brendan

Thanks Brendan, just to clarify, I'm referring to the PIAB process only, i accept it's rare to find a solicitor who will represent you in court on a " No Win - No Fee" basis.

Ah, I see.

The Injuries Board does not determine liability. All it does is quantify the amount.

You would not go to a solicitor just for that. You would go for the total claim which involves the critical step of getting the insurance company to accept liability.

It doesn't make sense to argue the liability yourself and get the solicitor to deal with PIAB.

It would be more logical to go to PIAB on your own, and get your solicitor to argue the liability issue.

Brendan

You will find that most solicitors will charge you €1500/2000 +VAT for the Injury Board Application. You will also have to pay the application fee €45 and the medical report fee.

You will find that most solicitors will charge you €1500/2000 +VAT for the Injury Board Application. You will also have to pay the application fee €45 and the medical report fee.

Yes but many operate on the basis that they only collect fees if the claim is successful.

Obviously the medical report cost is on the one making the claim

Back