No tv point, no phone point. Options?

Curamach

I have just moved into a new rental property where there is no evidence of any phone line or tv point. Excuse my complete ignorance, but can anyone tell me what my options are then with regard to acquiring some form of TV reception and broadband?

I have a dongle for now with reasonable enough coverage but I suspect if I were to run TV through that it would rip through my data allowance.

Was wondering if I could get any unlimited broadband via some similar device or would I have to get someone to connect a tv point to a dish and also also connect s phone point to landline.

Yeah, I know, mad ignorant of these matters I am! Thanks in advance for any response.

Will your landlord allow installation of phone lines, cabling etc? I'm assuming not, otherwise the answer to your question is obviously "whatever is available in your area". Without any physical connection, your TV options are Saorview without an external aerial -- in many places it can be picked up with just an indoor antenna. Your broadband options are cellular and wireless. There is no such thing as "unlimited broadband", just the scandalous situation that providers can advertise a service as unlimited when it never actually is. Although the limits on some wired services might be high enough to get all your TV over internet, that's very unlikely on any cellular or wireless service.

A more general answer would depend on your area and what your landlord will/won't allow.

Speak to your landlord. Is this an old building or one that was specifically built as apartments in the recent past? It'd be unusual for a modern apartment development not to have a cable run to each apartment for telephone services.

Back