No Sympathy for Some Companies That Go Under.

Locke

While I do for those that lose there jobs, I've none for those that run them into the ground.

Livid. Emailed a place looking for this exact part:

http://www.espares.co.uk/part/washi...261/0/0/103045/washing-machine-timer-kno.html

£3.99 in UK. They don't deliver over here.

I emailed an irish company last night. Based in Dublin. Quoted me €18 plus €12 Courier Charge to get it.

Do companies like this really think someone is going to pay that?

The problem is that many companies that were set up during the boom have a cost base that is unsustainable during a period or reduced or even normal economic activity. This is a result of rent/mortgage costs, high wages, high service charges, high insurance costs etc. In normal circumstances such businesses go bust but now the tide has gone out on the whole economy and whole swathes of it are exposed. While I have sympathy for anyone who is losing their business if their model is dependent on turnover and profits they achieved over the last few years they were very naive and should have seen this coming.

Locke - if you know someone in the UK why dont you get it delivered to them over there and get them to post it on to you? A bit messy, but certainly cheaper than the irish company option.

Locke, I had the same problem with a UK company. I paid them (pay-pal) for goods plus postage and got them to post it. I mailed them that I accepted liability if the goods were lost and they were happy with that.If it's a VAT issue just say you will pay it, it's still cheaper.

Thanks for all the advise guys. Might do that, soumnds good about ther liability. No one over in England though. Nip up the north!

This really annoys me when a company will not deliver from the UK to Ireland, we are all in the EEC. I have had parts for my shower etc delivered no problem, it depends on the company

This really annoys me when a company will not deliver from the UK to Ireland, we are all in the EEC. I have had parts for my shower etc delivered no problem, it depends on the company

It also depends on the goods. There has been a long running battle over WEEE charges which has meant that electrical goods werent being shipped here from the UK. I had read somewhere that it has been (at least partially) settled but that not all companies agree.

anon473

i needed a part for my broken down jeep this week...rang the dublin dealers and got quoted €190 + VAT from all of them...rang a dealer in Derry and got the part for £79 + VAT and they couriered it down to me next day for £10. Why would I ever even bother ringing the Dublin dealers in the future?

i needed a part for my broken down jeep this week...rang the dublin dealers and got quoted €190 + VAT from all of them...rang a dealer in Derry and got the part for £79 + VAT and they couriered it down to me next day for £10. Why would I ever even bother ringing the Dublin dealers in the future?
because you got a good price this time from ringing around. The next time it is possible that a different item works cheaper here.

Back