No space for wheelie bins?

Shane1883

If you buy a house in Dublin City Centre, what do people do in terraced houses with no outside space at back and the front opens onto the footpath? There is nowhere to store them? Are they allowed to use tagged bags, I never see any around?

I lived in such a dwelling for a year. I learnt to seperate all dry items (and washable packaging) and keep in a box inside to bring to the recycling space locally when overflowing. Any food waste got stored in the fridge and disposed of when out walking in public bins. I really had very little of food waste (and still don't) so not much inconvenience for me.

I lived at the end of a terrace built in the 60s I think, so I had outside space to the side of my house.

My neighbours didn't and kept their bins in the small back garden and wheeled it through the house every week, I saw the carry on once.

Not the dream, but managable.

Is there no back garden/yard?

If not, well that is a nightmare.

If you buy a house in Dublin City Centre, what do people do in terraced houses with no outside space at back and the front opens onto the footpath? There is nowhere to store them? Are they allowed to use tagged bags, I never see any around?
Yes. Left out very late at night or early on collection morning. Can buy tags in local shops/post office. And can buy recycling bags also

I lived at the end of a terrace built in the 60s I think, so I had outside space to the side of my house.

My neighbours didn't and kept their bins in the small back garden and wheeled it through the house every week, I saw the carry on once.

Not the dream, but managable.

Is there no back garden/yard?

If not, well that is a nightmare.
Yeah no outside space at all, looks like bags and tags it is which is annoying but will have to do!

I live in the sort of place mentioned in the original post.
Most of the houses only have a front entrance.
We still have bag collections even though the council keep threatening to eliminate them.
I think that there was yet another derogation or something in recent months.
Some householders do have wheelie bins even though I think that the management company lease bans them.
(It's a privately managed but not gated area with a public right of way through it).
Greyhound had people calling around a few times falsely telling householders that they "had to" get wheelie bins.
I told them that they were lying when they called to me.

Yeah no outside space at all, looks like bags and tags it is which is annoying but will have to do!
Get yourself some good quality bins for inside.

For food waste, something like a cat litter bin with a good tight lid.

I lived in a flat in Cork where the landlord's staff came around and collected it once a week. So I got 2 very large bins with well sealed lids. I assume something similar for many or they keep a large bin in a utility room where the smell won't bother.

Back