no sick pay - no PRSI stamp?

alri

my employer does not pay me when i am out sick. this means if i miss afull week i do not get a stamp oaid could this be right?

Re: no sick pay ?stamp

Any use?
'Credits' while Sick or Unemployed

'Credits' are automatically given for any period you get Disability, Unemployment, Health and Safety, Maternity or Adoptive Benefit, Invalidity, Retirement Pension or Carer's Benefit. 'Credits' may also be given for periods of Injury Benefit, Unemployment Assistance, Pre-Retirement Allowance, or Carer's Allowance, or if you participate in an education or part-time work scheme for unemployed people.

If you are sick or unemployed, you may qualify for 'credits' even if you are not getting Disability Benefit or an unemployment payment. This can happen for example if you:
  • do not have enough PRSI contributions to qualify for benefit
  • have used up your benefit
  • are disqualified from getting unemployment payments because of a trade dispute.
If you are unemployed you may be entitled to sign for 'credits' at your local Social Welfare Office.

In order to get 'credits' while you are ill and unfit for work, you must send regular medical evidence as long as your illness lasts to the:

Department of Social and Family Affairs
P.O. Box 1650
Dublin 1

or hand in your medical certificate at your local Social Welfare Office.

Back