no response to offer

hi luckycharm just wondering how low did your friend go on original offer compared 2 asking price...just interested as i'm ftb looking at houses and wondering what 2 bid in relation 2 asking price

I am not sure what they were looking for exactly- I know how much they offered which I thought was alot of money for the area so surprised as the response form EA.

ring the agent and ask if there is any offers on the property, change your name first.
I have rung many EAs in the past on behalf of friends pretending (using a false name) to be interested in the house and to see if there were any offers. The answers were often interesting. :eek:

Its a buyers market, so unless this house is an absolute must for you and you will buy it at any cost then wait for the EA to come back. Sometimes playing hard to get is the EA's way to try to get you to consider increasing the offer.

The fact that your offer wasnt rejected straight out means that they are thinking about it - so hold your place. The suggestions on the call to the EA from another "interested" party is always a good idea - did this for a friend a year ago when they hadnt heard back from the EA in over 3 weeks. The EA told me that there was an offer on the property which the owners were probbaly going to accept but I could still view it if I was interested. This meant that my friend put off calling the agent and got the property at a very reduced price

Thanks for the replys, I'm a little hesitant to get someone to call the EA as I know there has been little to no viewings on this property for a very long time. I do want the EA to begin thinking that these calls are another potential buyers and advise the vendor to hold off on any decision for a while. So as they say I'm going to "keep my powder dry" for another little while. Then again after todays budget I may not have anything left to pay a mortgage, so will no longer have an EA / vendor problem - every cloud has a silver lining

All EA's are poker players and they have to be to survive in that business.
They play games, psychological and otherwise as they play the market.
Never, ever show them that you are really keen on a property because you will dispose of another half year's salary at least by betraying that weakness alone, if you go through with the purchase.

Best approach which I have used to damn good effect is to gather data on several other properties within your range and make it plain to the EA offering your real interest that you are reviewing options and choices. And always walk away as you say that. If you are told of another's interest, reply that you have other interesting options to review as well and will be in touch later.

At 9:15 of the morning following the budget my offer was rejected, along with the comment that t"he vendor is looking for just a little more" any link to the increase in the FTB benefit on the interest payments? were the sceptics right in the end, this has nothing to do with assisting FTB but a bail out to the developers?

At 9:15 of the morning following the budget my offer was rejected, along with the comment that t"he vendor is looking for just a little more" any link to the increase in the FTB benefit on the interest payments? were the sceptics right in the end, this has nothing to do with assisting FTB but a bail out to the developers?
I've had that one before. It's really baffling that anyone would hold out for "a little more" at the moment. as has been said already go on an all out offense, view many properties and find the seller who hasn't the time on their side to hold out for "a little more"

Back